Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  Whew, am I glad to see the weekend.  We all have those weeks we're just not on our "A" game, right?  This apparently has been my week.  On Tuesday evening, I had girl's night and had dinner in the slow cooker.  Tab was on kid duty and decided to take them out to eat instead.  Which to me means...CLEAN KITCHEN.  I told him we'd eat it on Wednesday.  On Wednesday morning, I woke up to see THAT dinner still out on the counter.  I had put it away and for some reason my sweet loving husband set it out to cool off!  UGH.  On Wednesday evening, I was busy cooking dinner knowing we had to leave our house for something at 6:00 p.m.  I glanced at the clock that said 5:20 as I popped dinner in the oven that took 35 minutes to cook.  Needless to say, we scratched dinner that night and grabbed something out as well.  I was just off my "A" game, which hopefully means next week I'm a rockstar.  ;)  At least that's what I'm hoping for.  ha!

I'm joining Andrea and Narci to share some Friday Favorites with you.

Shay and I met up for a quick lunch this week before letting the kiddos play at the park.  These three are a mess!  haha!


Take two...Bowen was apparently feeling the photo session.


My FAVORITE pictures are the next two...which happen to be the two Bowen and Ashby took of each other.
Pretty good, huh?

They might both have a future in photography.




My sister-in-law posted this and I could NOT stop laughing.  Definitely a FAVORITE and how I feel 99% of the time!



Please excuse my humongous face (keepin' it real, friends) but yesterday these cuties and I got to be part of a little pay-it-forward chain at Starbuck's.  I pulled up and was informed our order had been paid for so we passed it on.  :)  A FAVORITE moment!



My FAVORITE find this week was this top.  You can see my entire Boho Chic post here.



Someone recommended I watch One Tree Hill on Netflix and I'm on Season 3.  It's getting good.  I remember my college roommate talking about this show while it was on.  I should have been watching with her.  If my thirty-three year old self is enjoying it so much, I'm certain my twenty-year-old self would have loved it!  haha!  A new FAVORITE while folding laundry.  :)  #teenyboppershow  #imafan


The weather was amazing yesterday.  AMAZING!  I watched tennis practice and enjoyed the weather.  Another FAVORITE!  



Monster House...have you guys seen this?  I decided to rent with my kiddos last weekend and they were SO disturbed.  #oops  Not a FAVORITE moment!  #momfail  I must say the middle to end got better-the beginning was the scary part.

We have a super low-key weekend.  My major plans are to get all caught up before we head in to Halloween week.  Hope you have a great weekend as well!  XOXO


22 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVING that top! I may have go get that this weekend.

Have a great, and relaxing weekend! Check out my Friday Favorites!

http://withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Narci said...

Aw!! Love those pictures of Ashby and Bowen! What cuties!!! Have a great weekend! Xoxo

Mix and Match Mama said...

Bowen and Ashby should drop out of preschool right now and immediately pursue a career in photography :). Annnnnd...I'm pretty sure there are at least 12 other people living over here that I haven't met. ;)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

Haha I feel the same way about laundry and it's just my husband and me! I'm pretty sure he wears 20 articles of clothing a day, and I'm constantly telling him that just because he wore a shirt for 2 hours doesn't necessarily make it dirty ha! Love the pay it forward chain! So sweet!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Several things: 1) LOVE a Rudy's breakfast taco. 2) The pics they took of each other are absolutely precious! 3) I've been a part of a pay it forward group at Starbucks several times in the last couple of years! And I don't even go to Starbucks that much! So fun!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

I have been feeling off my game this week, too. Like you said, hopefully that means next week will be just fabulous!! Love those pictures of Ashby and Bowen - so good for suck little ones!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Well, selfishly I'm glad to know I am not the only hot mess running around here. Ironically I had a crock pot mishap this week as well. Left the house most of the day Tuesday and FORGOT TO TURN THE DARN THING ON. Yeah, so I'm guessing chicken sitting at room temp all day probably wasn't healthy. :)

Jersey Love said...

Oooo girl. One Tree Hill gets REALLY good! Haha. I watched when it originally aired like it was my job. And I own the dvds and I've recently watched it in Netflix. #noshame #im34 #lucasandpeytonforever

Sarah said...

One Tree Hill has been a favorite of mine for years! Such a great show, it's hard to watch just one episode! Happy binge watching!

Kristi Ballweg said...

I've been off my game this week for dinners and other things! But next week is our week, right?! :) love the pictures of Ashby and Bowen and your pay-it-forward story! Love random acts of kindness!
https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

It's so refreshing to hear that other moms have "off" weeks. Nothing wrong with picking up dinner in the fly! I need to go back and rewatch One Tree Hill. #teenybobbershowsforever

Sara said...

All the One Tree Hill love over here, too!

Erin Ressler said...

I love love love OTH!! Good choice. I am actually starting Gilmore girls for the first time, ever!!!! I am hooked and only a few episodes in! :)

Liz said...

If Bowen & Ashby don't end up married I'll just die of shock. They make the BEST couple. And the wedding slide show is going to be on point.

Kate said...

LOVE that top!!

Sara Fehrenbacher said...

I LOVE that you are watching OTH! #peytonandlucasforever This was my fav show in high school and college. I have re-watched it on Netflix since then and still lvoed it. Hopefully Ashby and Bowen will stay bffs like Lucas and Haley :). If you love OTH you will also probably love Gossip Girl! One of my favs. Happy Friday!!
www.saraleeblog.com

Mel said...

Love OTH! We loved it so much when it was on that we visited the shooting location in Wilmington, NC. We actually got a picture with Sophia Bush while they were filming! Also get ready because it gets more dramatic each season :)

Emily Walker said...

Keep up with OTH! It's my favorite show ever! I teach and coach high school cheerleading, so some of my squad girls are watching it too! Season 2-3 are slow but it gets better and better!

Megan said...

What a crazy week!!! I need a nap just reading about it!! And I loved one tree hill!!!

Mariah K said...

Oh gosh, I haven't seen One Tree Hill in ages!! May have to pay that one a visit for my next Netflix binge. And I think I can add dishes to that laundry meme....why are there soo many dirty cups?!

Mariah
www.likehoneyblog.com

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

I LOVE One Tree Hill!! So glad you're enjoying it!

Sarah said...

Agree, Monster House is so disturbing, we made the same mistake.