Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday


Hi Everyone!  Hope your Tuesday is off to a great start.  :)

I'm linking up with Andrea today for Show and Tell Tuesday and the topic is a SCARY STORY!

You guys I've gotta be honest.  I procrastinated for days about this blog post because I have a lot of stories I could share.  But none of them are scary.  I even went to Tab for some inspiration.  He started telling me about a hayride he rode on as a kid that was terrifying.  But as a grown woman listening-it didn't sound so bad.

Seriously....I had NOTHING!

I started thinking about things we as moms are scared of.  I'm not talking deep things we seriously fear.  I'm talking super light-hearted things we're also a bit terrified of...like what we'll find when we lift up the couch cushion.  Things that as a mom can be disgusting, disturbing, and sometimes a lot of work to clean up.  Those things.  :)

Today, I'm sharing my Top Three list of "Scary Things" we moms have to handle...


#1 "MOM, I NEED YOU!"...while they're in the bathroom.

Nothing good is ever gonna come out of this.  Right?  No matter which kiddo is screaming at me for help, there's no silver lining.  Odds are whatever I'm about to see could be messy and SCARY!   Some moments have scarred me for life and I'll never forget them.  #momlife



#2  The sound of someone throwing up in the night.

This one terrifies me.  I'm that mom who the second one of my kiddos mentions they have a tummy ache, I grab a bowl and make them carry it around.  I'm not even kidding.  Ugh!  But of course, everything is worse in the middle of the night 
IN THE DARK!  That sound can be so scary!  Mom life can be so glamorous.  Right?  :)



#3  Sometimes just silence.

Did you guys see this?
Just a little example of what a few minutes of silence can do to you.  :)


Hope you enjoyed my Top Three list of "Scary Things" we often hear as moms.  What would YOU add to the list?  I'm sure we can all relate!  Please share!

I can't wait to read your SCARY MOM IDEAS!  

Show and Tell Posts from 2016:

Show and Tell Posts from 2015:

Thank you for stopping by today!  XOXO

17 comments:

Narci said...

Oh my goodness! That picture of Bowen never gets old! Love the proud look on his face! Too cute!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

This post made me laugh! When Carter has a tummy bug (and I'm sleeping with him), the tiniest little grunt or move and I LEAP INTO ACTION. Yes, it's the scariest sound ever. ;)

Laura Darling said...

I'm not a fan of scary things so I'm not sad you didn't have any! :) Although that styrofoam packing peanut picture is scary for sure!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm laughing out loud! The sound of throwing up at night IS one of the scariest sounds ever! Hahahaha!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

'Mom, I need to go to the bathroom!' On a road trip with no exit in sight is pretty scary too. This post made me laugh this morning, & I agree that nothing is worse than the sound of a kid throwing up at night! Haha

Laci Murray said...

You are so right!! The minute my kids say they have a belly ache I grab the bucket. If they come in my room at night I immediately say "if you have to puke go to the bathroom I will meet you there!" Haha!!

Elizabeth Rogers said...

I'm laughing out loud at the popcorn picture, so funny! I could only imagine walking in the house to find that!
XO
http://stripesandsolitaires.com/

Angela Ellingson said...

This is so true! Bowen is such a cutie!

Stephanie said...

I never realized how terrifying quiet moments could be until I became a mom. A mess or an injury is sure to follow a long silence.

Jen said...

Haha hilariously scary for sure! Been there done that for all these as well.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Oh my gosh, the sound of throwing up is DEFINITELY the thing that scares the life out of me the most! I have some sort of irrational fear about it. It happened just this past week with our two year old and I wanted to die. Stomach viruses are the worst things evarrrr.

Jordan said...

Haha this is hilarious! I am just now getting into that phase where you start to get suspicious when it gets quiet! The other two scary things are something to look forward to (more like dread)!!

Sarah said...

Hands down the scariest thing that ever happened to me was when I went into our garage and slipped on a pair of shoes. I took a step down the stairs to get into my car and I felt a lump in my jeans. I thought it was a fabric softener sheet but when I touched it, it moved! I screamed so loud and ripped my jeans down so fast and out jumped a mouse. It must have been in my shoe and run up my pant leg until it got to the thigh area and couldn't go any farther. Then to make matters worse, I flung the mouse into the house on accident. I called my husband on the phone screaming hysterically and he thought something had happened to one of the kids. I finally got out that I had a mouse in my pants!!

christa levin said...

Omg this post had me laughing! Especially the throw up in the middle of the night, I'm the same way!! AND the bathroom come here thing lol
I know I can't! Silence no good ��
Just love reading your blog! Really look forward to it, makes me smile ��

Renn said...

Yes the throwing up in the middle of the night sound. YIKES!!! This from the mom who pays my kids if they make it to the toilet! No shame!

Megan said...

Yes everything is scarier in the dark!! So true!

Vesti said...

I'm glad I'm not alone! My kids mention that their stomach *might* hurt, and I make them carry the bucket around. Throw up in general scares me, but in the night it is terrifying!