Monday, October 24, 2016

This Deserved It's Own Post

I had another post all planned for today, but decided yesterday to scrap it.  This is a space where I share our life and this little piece just needed it's very own post.  Hopefully, it helps you start your Monday with a smile on your face.  Let me know if you agree.  :)

 Early Saturday evening the kiddos and I headed to the theater to see Storks.  One half of our group..

The other half :)  We counted popcorn as dinner.

Tab was out of town at the TCU/West Virginia game in West Virginia.  The movie had JUST begun when I got a text from my cousin that contained this link...  You HAVE to watch!

EEK!!!  I panicked!  Tab is the guy colliding with the TCU running back.  I was scared he'd gotten hurt, (Have you guys ever seen a clip of an official getting plowed?  It happens and I was imagining Tab on the bottom of a pile.) so I made all the kiddos go out in the hall with me to watch the video.  After watching...OH MY GOODNESS!! 

#OOPS

The big kids totally "got" the video and we all had a moment of laughing hysterically in the hall.  The kiddos thought the BEST part was when the announcer laughed and said his name. 

It really is a wonder more people don't bump into him in the middle of the field like that.  Right?  This kind of stuff is accidentally going to happen.  I'm just so thankful no one got hurt.

My cousin, Whitney, an avid sports' fan sent me this from Twitter.  I didn't even have a Twitter account, but created an account so I could see the link.  haha!

I love how ESPN gave Tab that white spotlight.  Don't you?  And the caption...hilarious!

I thought it might bring a little smile to your Monday, because it sure made us laugh on Saturday night.

Know where we'll be tonight?  The five of us will be watching ESPN hoping this makes the "C'Mon Man" segment before Monday Night Football.  hahahaha!!  I'll keep you posted.

Hope your Monday has a little laugh courtesy of Tab.  :)

29 comments:

Lindsay F. said...

Here is a link to the video online!!! : http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17858544
Way to go Tab!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! You can tell that the player hit him pretty hard and it didn't really seem to phase Tab! Glad he's okay! That could have ended much worse. Have a great Monday!

Www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

Best. Tackle. Ever! I think I've watched this video about 25 times now. This totally needed its own post!!!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Oh my gosh. Hahaha. Tab took that hit like a champ!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

That is awesome! I saw this clip, & now it makes it even better hearing it was your hubby! WTG Tab, & thank goodness he wasn't hurt.

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

My boys and I just watched this on repeat and laughed hysterically. Go Tab! Way to show those young guys how it's done😉

Narci said...

Haha! Oh my goodness! Rob told me about this last night, but I hadn't seen the clip yet!! Too funny! Love it!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

THIS. IS. AWESOME. Tab MOWING PEOPLE DOWN on the field! I love it!

Lisa @ Pork Chop and Possum said...

That is amazing! Go Tab!

Kathy Olson said...

Wow! I have to show this to my little boy.
But I'm glad he's okay!

Lauren Boswell said...

This is hysterical!
So glad he wasn't hurt.
Who knows Tab might get a call now for a Football Tryout!

Learningtolovehome.blogspot.com

Brooke Richardson said...

This is hilarious!!!! I didn't get the video to play so I'm guna have to keep trying.

Therese said...

Thanks for sharing. Definitely a funny story and a way to brighten up this Monday. So glad Tab was not injured!

Kathy Lang said...

Hilarious! BEST tackle ever! :)

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

Go Tab! That is just too funny. :)

ashillingburg said...

Thank goodness you confirmed that was your hubby at the WVU game! I'm from PA, and my husband is from WV. We are HUGE WVU fans, so of course we watched the game!
I said to my hubby, "Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that is the husband of a blog that I read". Of course, he thought I was crazy...LOL!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

This is awesome!!!

Ashley Van Dam said...

This is awesome! I have watched a few times now because 1. it is so funny hearing the announcers play by play and shock 2. the players reactions afterwards is funny too. Tab got a couple butt slaps/back pats. 3. your husband is a TANK! He flatten him!

Janet said...

That was funny! Pretty solid hit too. Way to go Tab!

Dianna said...

Omg this was so funny! Poor tab!!

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

Haha - Come On Man is our favorite segment each week!! Totally hope it makes the blooper reel!!

Olivia said...

I'm dying to watch this video now. I'll have to tell Ryan.

MAK said...

Ha! Poor Tab! It looked like it didn't even faze him tho! Hilarious

mickey661636 said...

I saw this happen live and thought "wow that looks like Tab...." I can't believe it actually was him!!!

Kim Taylor said...

That or it'll be on the "you had one job" segment with Samantha Ponder on College Game Day !! Glad he wasn't hurt and yes that was a great tackle! LOL

Angela Ellingson said...

Oh my goodness, this is great! Will have to show my hubby!

kelly said...

Haha!! I love this!!! Thanks for sharing! Lol

kelly said...

I rewatched it! I didn't hear the commentary the 1st time I watched.
"That's the best tackle all day!"
"Tab Slaughter. The backside tackle!"
Haha too funny!

Shelly Spaulding said...

That is awesome! Go Tab!