Wednesday, November 2, 2016

All the Halloween Fun

The Halloween weekend didn't disappoint with Friday night festivities.  Our church had a Trunk or Treat where kiddos went from trunk to trunk playing games and collecting candy.  Our sweet neighbors joined us for the evening.  We had pizza on the driveway, we all changed into costumes, and then we headed to church.

Mr. Jeff (the cowboy) is one of Nixon's favorite Sunday School teachers ever!  He had him in the four's class and Nix still talks about him.


 The cat and mouse were too cute!


 This trunk was Candy Land themed and these teenage girls made it look way fun.  Our girls wanted a picture!

 Tiger on a surfboard :)

Saturday morning Nixon had an 8:00 a.m. football game!  Yikes!  But since we were up, we headed straight to the local pumpkin patch afterwards.
 I really think we were the first people in the petting zoo.  These animals were HUNGRY!

 I'm going to show the progression...here Ebby Lee is super confident.

 She's getting nervous because they're all starting to come at her...including a rather large sheep.

 She throws the cup on the floor and gets out of their way.

 I tried to help and this guy panicked me.  I'm pretty sure I yelled, "RUN!".  If anyone had seen us, I'm sure they were laughing.  I found another family and happily gave them my food.  #shegetsitfromhermama

After barely surviving the petting zoo (I kid), they bounced.

And bounced.

For about two minutes they were contained inside this hay maze and then they made it out.

We hit up the hayride to the spooky little western town.

Except it wasn't really spooky, but for some reason this kid was scared.  Yes, he was crying on the hayride.  haha!  Who is this kid?

My big kids thought it was crazy cool.

 Then it was time to ride some ponies.  These kids were old enough to do it ALL BY THEMSELVES!

We met up with some friends for lunch and then an afternoon at the trampoline park.  We came home and ALL CRASHED.

 Sunday evening we met up with the Shull crew for a Halloween party.  This was the only picture I took.  It was at the end of the night and the tiger and turtle had already stripped off their costumes.

On Halloween we invited this hippie and "G" over for chili and mummy dogs before trick-or-treating.


 I talked Tab into dressing up-just for fun!  But I procrastinated until Friday on buying costumes.  I was at the Halloween store trying to find two costumes that went together but came in both of our sizes.  I grabbed Alice and the Mad Hatter-without trying anything on!  So come Monday night, I was a little surprised with how teeny Alice's costume really was!  I have a long waist and it was just a TAD (and by tad-I really mean about five inches-ha!)too short.  I had on tights and shorts underneath just in case AND I wore a tank because when I tugged it down-then other lady parts would show.  All that to say, someone should design some super cute Halloween costumes for women that easily cover all the lady parts.  Until then, I'll wear a tank and shorts underneath.  ;)

We trick-or-treated in our neighborhood for a few minutes.  This was house number two and they were scared of the skeleton.

Next year, we're gonna visit this front yard and call it our "pumpkin patch trip".  It was so cute!

 We then drove over to Andrea's neighborhood to meet friends and trick-or-treat.  This was our crazy crew!

The grown-ups turn!  This was the first year the majority of us dressed up and it was so much fun!  The kiddos loved seeing all the costumes and we did too.  New tradition!

 And just for fun I had to show you the picture Ebby Lee took with my phone.  hahahaha!

We ended the night like this...passing candy out to some trick-or-treaters.

A crazy successful Halloween 2016 is in the books!

14 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks like such a good time! You guys are so fortunate to have such a large group of great friends! Holidays are always much more fun with them.

Ebby Lee and Nixon at the door are too cute!

Today I'm sharing some fall must have items! I know you'll love!

www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

Like the best weekend ever. So glad we Halloween-ed with you guys!

Narci said...

We had such a fun weekend with you and your crew! You and your family looked adorable in your costumes!! Love!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Just checked out your must have list! The pajama pants were my fave! ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

Great memories were made!

Erika Slaughter said...

Haha! Thank you! Next year, I'll look for the extended torso costumes. Do you think they make those? Ha!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I love the petting zoo story. I would totally be yelling at my kids to run for their lives! Ha!
I love that the adults got in in the costume fun (tiny costume and all). Looks like everyone had a great time.

Maya Scheibal said...

I am laughing out loud at the petting zoo story. Such a fun Halloween!!

Megan said...

Love that all the adults dressed up!! ya'll are soo fun!!

Super Simple Ways said...

Beautiful pics!Looks like you guys had lots of fun! www.supersimpleways.com

Yolanda McLean said...

haha at the picture with the straw - hilarious

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

We went to Grant's Farm in St. Louis a few years ago and when we fed the goats they all came at us like that and I was like no ma'am dropped my bottle and let them have it! Looks like you all had a great Halloween!

Paula said...

Everyone looked great & having fun!

Minda Kincaid said...

I have the exact same Alice costume as you and also had the same thoughts about it being too short when I tried it on. I wear tights with it and also bought a white pettiskirt to go underneath of it to add a little more length! So if you decide to wear it another year that can help with keep your lady parts covered! Haha