Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends!

First of all, HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all the veterans!  From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for protecting our country and our freedoms.

I'm joining my friends, Andrea and Narci, to share some Favorites on a Friday!  :)  Hope you join us!

-Friday Fellowship-
I'm eating pie and drinking coffee enjoying some fellowship with Kelly over at Kelly's Korner.  Please go check it out!  I got to meet Kelly a few years ago and she really is the sweetest.  


-All the Laundry-
Nothing says you're home from vacation like piles and piles of laundry.  We got home on Monday afternoon and I began tackling ALL THE LAUNDRY.  Hands-down the laundry piles are totally worth it.  :)


-New York City-
Last weekend the family and I traveled to New York for a fun little vacation/football game for Tab.  We had the BEST four days.  In case you missed it...
I feel like I brushed over this yesterday, but it needs to be repeated.  Erin met her husband on Kelly's Singles' Day!!  Isn't that awesome?  If you're a single guy or girl, take a look at some other singles in your area.  This is the latest link to Kelly's Singles Day.  It works!


-Headbands of Hope-
Haley reached out to me from Headbands of Hope and when I heard more about their story I knew I wanted to share with you.  This is a little bit from Haley..."It all started with a spark.  During the summer of 2011, our founder  (Jess Ekstrom) did an internship at a wish-granting organization.  Jess found that girls loved to wear headbands after losing their hair to chemotherapy.  Therefore, during her junior year of college, she founded Headbands of Hope. For every headband purchased, one is given to a child with cancer.  They’ve started a boys line of buffs so we can help all kids at the hospitals.  In June 2015, they celebrated donating to every children’s hospital in the United States.  We want to spread hope in all kids…one headband at a time."  
These headbands would make great stocking stuffers.  You can find Headbands of Hope here.

This headband is one of my favorites for the holidays. 



-Christmas Decorations-
 We decorate for Christmas a bit early in our house for a couple reasons.  We usually travel sometime during the holidays so if we wait to decorate after Thanksgiving then we don't have much time to enjoy the twinkling lights.  With Tab's football schedule we have to decorate when we have time.  And I like to set out our fall decorations the first week in September so by mid-November we're over those decorations.  :)

This is my face every year when I mention to Tab what weekend I think we should decorate.  He loves the twinkling lights as much as the rest of us but he always looks surprised I'm asking him to help so early.  The point is....this weekend is our open weekend and we'll be getting our Christmas on at our house.


-Christmas Gift Idea-
I'm not going to say who or even if I'm really following through with the request but someone I enjoy buying Christmas gifts for every year sent me a picture of these boots in hopes I'd make all her Christmas dreams come true.  I thought I'd share because they were to cute not to.  Right?


-Shutters-
This picture isn't the best because the lighting is awful, but I wanted you to see the shutters!  I'm slowly but surely-just a few windows at a time-changing our window treatments from the blinds to the shutters.  The shutters in this room are my favorite!


-Christmas Movies-
This list gets me so excited!  I'm READY for cold nights with a fire watching a Christmas movie!

Thanks for stopping by today!  
Have a great weekend, friends!  XOXO

20 comments:

Stephanie Spring said...

LOVE those boots!

Leslie said...

I couldn't agree more on your favorites this week. I was discussing decorating for Christmas this weekend because if I wait until after Thanksgiving, my fall decorations will have been up for two months. When you think of how long Christmas decor will be up, it's only a month. I can't have that. I'm right there with you, girl! Have an amazing weekend!

www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

One of these nights, I'm going to come to your house, sit by the fire and watch a cheesy Hallmark movie with you :).

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

THOSE SPERRY'S!!!! Love the red sole and the plaid pattern! SO CUTE!

Narci said...

First, those sperry's are darling! Second, I LOVE the shutters!! They look amazing! Third, I can't wait for Christmas and Hallmark movies! So exciting! Have fun decorating this weekend! Xo

Erin Ledford said...

Where do you purchase your shutters? They look fabulous.

Paula said...

Shutters are beautiful & classic!

50 Days Of No Grey said...

What a great list of favourites! I think those shutters look great and would like them in my house!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Cheesy Christmas movies are the best! Love love love the shutters!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Love your new shutters!! I'm so excited for Christmas movies & hot chocolate!!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Kim Taylor said...

Over the last 18 months, we have changed out all of our blinds and old shutters to brand new plantation shutters. I LOVE THEM!

K MEETS STYLE said...

I already started decorating and I am not even sorry ahha ! <3
www.kmeetsstyle.com

sonicgal said...

Where did you get the shutters? Love!

Lisa said...

Sharing your shutter love right here!!! We had them in our first house. Tried something different in the second house and went back to shutters on ALL THE WINDOWS in our current house. CHA-Ching!!!! But worth it😃

Sheela Goh said...

New York is like the absolute best!! I love when I can fly over, even if briefly :)

My weekly Project Sister Act Link-Up is now live and I'd love for you to stop by xoxo
https://sheelagoh.com/2016/11/11/legacy-a-link-up/

Karen Tucci said...

So excited for those Christmas movies!! The hubs is already to kill me with my Hallmark Christmas movie obsession. Lol! Have a great weekend.

Sarah Bell said...

The shutters look great! I am also excited to start decorating for the holidays :) Thanks for hosting!

Sarah Bell
Trendy & Tidy

Lindsey Thomas said...

Why/how did you decide to do shutters? We are buying a new house and I am in the process of picking window stuff so please tell!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hi Lindsey-I think it's all a personal preference but in this house the blinds are different colors in certain rooms. It drives me crazy! That's why I'm on a mission to replace them all to shutters (because I like the look) that are the same color. :)

Lindsey Thomas said...

Makes total sense. I hadn't even considered shutters but am checking them out now. Thanks!!