Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!

At 3:00 p.m. today, my kiddos are OUT of school for a week on Thanksgiving break!  WAHOO!  

I'm joining my girls, Narci and Andrea, to share some Friday Favorites.  We'd love for you to join us.  Grab our graphic, link to us, and then add your blog to our link-up!  It's a great way to find some new blogs to read.

 Here's a little bit of everything...

Everyday Life:
 Nixon started practicing for his second season of winter basketball.  This year Ebby Lee signed up to play on a girl team!  SHOCKER!  I'm pretty sure Liv and Maddie had a little influence over her decision.

Nixon lost a FRONT TOOTH!  He'd be wiggling that tooth for days.  He was shocked when it finally just popped right out.  The tooth fairy was STRUGGLING with this tooth.  She had the hardest time remembering.


I ordered these fur stools months ago, but they were on backorder. (I'm using them as ottomans.)  They finally arrived and I LOVE them in this space! 


 This weekend Ebby Lee, Bowen, and I went to the new theater that serves food and has recliners to watch Trolls.  We ate chips and queso while we watched.  YUM!


 While we were at the movie, Nixon and Tab were doing this.  :)  Tab had the OU game on Saturday, so he decided to take Nixon with him for a little guy trip.  To say Nixon had a blast, would be an understatement.


 I love this picture!  I have no doubts the guys on Tab's crew made sure Nixon had fun. 


Nix sat with another official's wife and I got the cutest selfies throughout the game.  She has four girls (who are in middle school and high school and weren't there), so she said she was enjoying her time with a boy!

 Bowen tried his best to hang with the big kids all weekend without napping.  Saturday night it hit him.  He walked in the door and crashed.  Standing up.

 Sunday morning, Ebby Lee and I were ready for church!  My dress courtesy of KenLeeCait Boutique and Ebby Lee's clothes are from Matilda Jane.

These three wanted to help me with ornaments.

This weekend we got our Christmas decorations all put up.  As we were getting things out, I was asking my kids what their favorite decorations were and both of my big kids talked about the handmade ornaments that we hang on our tree.  You guys!  It melted me!  I mean I look at all those beautifully decorated trees on Instagram or Pinterest and think...I should buy all matching ornaments and stick to one color scheme for the tree.  But after our conversation, NO!  I'll have a "Hot, Random Mess" of a tree until my kids are too old to care.  For now we'll have fancy Christmas balls hanging beside a handmade Rudolph.


Bowen has transitioned from sweet little toddler to ALL BOY!  Ketchup on his fingers is all the proof you need.  

 A Little Recap:


A couple of you asked about the devotional we're using.  This year I'm trying Unwrapping the Greatest Gift.  One reader commented that she uses the Jesus Storybook Bible, but she adds some extra lessons from Pinterest during Christmas.

I also got asked about the Christmas pajamas I ordered.  I don't have a certain place I get ours every year.  It varies year to year, but this year I happened to spot some cute options at Gymboree when the entire store was 50% off.  Win-win!  Lucky for you, I think the entire store is 50% off right now as well!  It looks like almost every pj set is $10!


Tuesday, I shared what items are on the Slaughter family's wish list.  It's always great getting ideas from girlfriends.  I hope you got an idea or two off our lists.

Monday, I answered some questions I'd gotten about our trip to New York.  I also shared where to get that puffer coat and leopard booties (similar) in that post.  (Those were my two most asked questions.)

Hope you enjoyed a few of my Friday Favorites!  Happy Weekend!


16 comments:

Leslie said...

Loving those fur ottomans! They're so perfect for that space and add a bit of funkiness to the room! Have an amazing weekend, Erika!

www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

Kensington had the best time decorating your tree ;). Annnnd...I need to take my kids to watch a movie and eat at the same time! That looked like so much fun!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Why do my kids never pass out like that from exhaustion?? Like never. Adorable furry stools. Such a fun little addition to the room

Aja said...

Solution: have multiple trees! We always had a "family" tree when I was growing up with handmade ornaments and things passed down and also a themed tree (what would now be known as a "Pinterest perfect" tree). I do the same in my home. Our family tree even has ornaments my husband made when he was a kid! I don't worry about placement and my kids love to see their ornaments displayed. I won't talk about how many trees I have... When I decorate a room I see the tree in my mind! 🙊

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I looked for a new devotional last week, and I couldn't find any that interested me (or that had great reviews). I just put the one you are using in my cart! Looks like a great one!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

My mom always did a tree full of different ornaments and it's always been my favorite. As much as I love a pretty tree, using the ones she has collected over the years is just the best!

Dustie Day said...

I love your garland on your mantle - where is that from? And those ottoman's....well high five - they are awesome!

Narci said...

That chips/queso and a movie sounds so fun! Have the best weekend, friend!!!

Rebecca said...

Don't count on then getting "too big to care" about the mismatched tree. My kids are 35 and 32 and would FREAK if one ornament was changed on our tree. I consider it a success that I raised them to want traditions and care about the small things, you're doing it right! I love all the pix!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

Love those fur ottomans! They look amazing in that space. We started basketball this week too. I'm so excited that my oldest is getting to that point where he can start participating in things and understanding what's going on, etc. Happy Weekend to you!

50 Days Of No Grey said...

Those fur ottomans are just the best & how fun for the kids!! Would love to do a family trip to NY - yours look so great!

Sheela Goh said...

Your children are adorable!!! :) and I need to take all that Halloween stuff down (yeah, still) and put up the Christmas decor.


On the blog today, five of us women across all ages are showcasing men’s jewellery in our own way, in our own style viewpoints, and I’d love for you to come see, perhaps leave a comment too :) also my weekly Project Sister Act Link-Up is now live, and will be up until midnight Thursday, so please do join in the fun?

https://sheelagoh.com/2016/11/18/a-week-in-my-life-2-a-link-up/

zahners said...

Love that your girls are playing bball! My husband is a high school Girl's Varisty assitant coach and I can already see our four year old Mia starting to show interest! Stopping by from the link up! zahners.wordpress.com

Kim Taylor said...

My girls are 27 (she's married) and 24 and they both say they love it when they come home to my tree. It has all of their ornaments from when they were growing up and their homemade ones from school, etc. Every once in a while my husband will buy a tree at our yearly hospital Foundations fundraiser and when he does that, I don't put up my normal tree. The girls DO NOT LIKE THAT! so see? Even when they get older....they will still care!

Whitney Pegram said...

My 6 year old lost his front tooth this week too! Is it bad that I'm so glad it finally fell out?! Mama don't do teeth .... that are literally just hanging there. LOL

Megan said...

Love your tree!! It is perfect!!!