Monday, November 28, 2016

Let's Talk-Christmas Traditions

Anyone else?

This made me LAUGH!

The Slaughters had the best week.  We stayed up WAY too late, got to spend some much needed time with family, and made some amazing memories.  But today, we're tired.  Anyone else?

Thanks to Andrea's text last night I didn't forget our Let's Talk link-up!  Wahoo! 

 Every month, Andrea and I chit-chat about a topic.  Today's topic is CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS!

On Christmas Eve, we always leave COOKIES AND MILK FOR SANTA.

We send and love to receive CHRISTMAS CARDS!  

We look forward to attending SCHOOL PARTIES!  Last year, Bowen and Ashby got to party all year long together. 

Every year my Missouri family gets together during our visit to play some fun REINDEER GAMES.  I shared some favorites we played last year.  You guys should check that post out for some great game ideas.  

We love getting to watch Miss Ebby Lee dance in the CHRISTMAS RECITAL!


Our visit to see SANTA is always a must. 
#excepttheyearihadanewborn
 #iwasamess
 #wemissedsanta

We always manage to sneak in some FUN WITH FRIENDS!


We always decorate a GINGERBREAD HOUSE!

We set the timer on my cell phone for this one.  ha!  We like to get dressed in our Christmas pajamas and drive around to look at CHRISTMAS LIGHTS.

Our ELF ON THE SHELF, Sparky, shows up every year.  Some of your elves are crazy...sorry to report that ours is pretty chill. 

We do a CHRISTMAS DEVOTIONAL every year as a family.  (I'd love any suggestions if you have them.)  This is the devotional we're doing this year.


I'm looking forward to this holiday season.  I hope you are too.  XOXO



11 comments:

Elizabeth Rogers said...

What fun Christmas traditions! It's always such a happy when the lights are lit and decorations are out!


XO
...and we're back on S&S today!
http://stripesandsolitaires.com

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I love your reindeer games tradition! I'm glad our elf, Feebee, isn't the only chill one out there. He only has a couple creative things in him a year but the kids talk about them ALL YEAR LONG. Ha!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Eeeeeeks! 'Tis the season friend! I am so pumped that the holidays are finally HERE!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Y'all have lots of fun in store for December! And you're right, I feel like a croc right now. A croc that didn't sleep well last night. Ha! :)

Narci said...

Oh gosh!! So many FUN traditions!! That picture of y'all in your pajamas is adorable!!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I love christmas traditions!!
We always do christmas eve pj's
We have cinnamon buns for Christmas morning breakfast
We go to the movies ( we live in the middle of no where)
My hubby always makes sugar cookies wirh them and I make fudge
We always do random acts of kindness. .
We have elf on the shelf coming this year... my daughter was so freaked out at the thought of someone been ' alive' and moving around that we have never done it . But she's 13 now😂😂. ..
My friend has been doing it for years and they wanted to switch it up... this year our church has come out with a beautiful 2 minute movie on celebrating christ and 25 days of service you can do as a family. . So their elf is going v to leave them a note with what they can do to be kind each day! !
You can check it out at www.lds.org
Well I just wrote a novel lol

Kjlb37 said...

Your kids are at the perfect ages! These are the years memories are made of;).

Bernadine said...

Happy birthday, Bowen....!!

Mila Myk said...

It's funny because our Christmas traditions were different when we were living in Poland and they very are different now, when we live in Edinburgh (Scotland). Main differences are: we don't give presents on Christmas morning anymore ( that's a shame because, I loved that one:)), we put up our Christmas tree much earlier ( beginning of the December, in Poland we put it up at Cristmas Eve - I kid you not!), we've got Christmas crackers now (with some bad, bad jokes;)), we hang out with people from different countries, with diffrent Christmas traditions and it all kind of blended together, which is nice! There's Christmas market, ice rink, free choir concerts, lots of lights, eating and celebrating Scotland's heritage. And this is what I'm sharing with your link up today: Christmas in Edinburgh .
I'm excited to see all the wonderful family traditions :)

Mila from Mila's Little Things

Brooke Richardson said...

I'm guna check that devotional out! Love all your traditions!!! I'm guna link up one of these days ;)

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Totally agree!! NO to Crocs. Love all your special family Christmas traditions!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com