Monday, November 7, 2016

Let's Talk...FOOD!

Happy Monday!  For those of you who blogged about FOOD last Monday, I apologize again for completely flaking.  So sorry!  Today, Andrea and I are talking FOOD!

As a busy mom my very favorite meals are the ones I throw in the slow cooker and are magically ready around dinner time.  I've shared some of my favorites here before and some sweet readers shared some amazing slow cooker recipes in the comments.

TACOS are a family favorite.  I shared some of our family favorite tacos meals in this post.  After all that yummy goodness, I see a little Taco Tuesday in my family's future tomorrow.  :)

These Pizza Joe's are another Slaughter favorite.  With this kind of meal, I try to find a few minutes sometime during the day whether it's while the kiddos are eating breakfast or a random ten minutes before carpool pick-up to brown the ground beef, mix in all the goodies, and dump in the slow cooker.  Then at dinnertime I'm SO thankful I took the extra ten minutes earlier in my day.  I also think they taste even better after simmering in the slow cooker.

I've shared some of our FAVORITE FALL recipes in this post.  The second the temperatures drop below eighty-five degrees these meals go on our menu.  :)  And with this crazy warm weather, this soup hasn't happened yet this year!  UGH!


I'm one of those people who does not like touching raw chicken.  Another ugh!  Anyone else?  So I enjoy any slow cooker recipe that lets me throw my chicken in and after several hours it's ready to eat.  #thatsmyjam




And my favorite Thanksgiving side dish HAS to be this green bean casserole.  It's definitely not a recipe I'd make on an average week day, but this vegetable dish makes me think of holidays together with the family.

Hope you guys found a little inspiration for your menu this week.  :)

At the end of the month we're sharing Christmas Traditions.  We'd love for you to chat about that with us. 

 Happy Monday!


8 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Ahhhhh! Look at all of the Mix and Match Mama recipes! You made my day!! xo

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Everything looks sooooooo good! And now I want a baked taco.

Narci said...

We love a good taco at the Dreffs' house, too! These all look so good!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Surprisingly, most of those are already in heavy rotation here too!

Whitney Pegram said...

We love tacos over here!! A must try for sure!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Raw chicken FREAKS ME OUT. Ugh, I always hate when I have to cook with it because then I don't want to even eat what I cooked since I remember where it came from. Haha. And we love Shay's pizza Joes, too! Those are a staple in our house!

Stephanie said...

Those BBQ Chicken Rice Bowls are seriously the best :)

Charity said...

I cannot touch raw chicken either!!!!!! Or any meat for that matter! I also can't stand the smell of chicken cooking unless there is significant seasoning. Like lots of taco seasoning. I found out I got that from my Mom, she said ever since she was pregnant with me the smell of plain chicken cooking makes her sick. thanks mom!