Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Stranded-Outerwear

 Hi Ladies!

Another month, another island.  :)  Every month, Shay and I share THREE things we'd take with us on a deserted island.  Each month has a new topic.  Today we're talking OUTERWEAR!

It had never occurred to me before that our island might be cold!  EEK!  I love the cold weather, but hate being cold.  I'd need to gear up for this and pack some heavy coats.

If I was for real packing a coat for a cold island it would be some thick parka, since this is all fun and games I'm sharing some more Texas-weather options.  :)

This is hands down the number one coat I'd pack.  I just bought it for our New York trip and loved it.  The coat comes in three colors...black, navy, and ivory and is 40% off right now with the code NOVEMBER.
This is how it looks on the website.  I'm usually a small and it fits great.  True to size.



I scored this trench coat back during the Anniversary Sale.  Good news it's on sale again!  Wahoo!  I didn't have a "what-to-wear-when-it's-raining-and-I'm-trying-to-look-like-a-grown-up-coat".  I thought this one fit the bill.  It'll be perfect for winter Sunday mornings.  And if the island is cold AND rainy, I'll be set.  This one is true to size as well.




If you've been reading here for a bit, then you know I'm a FAN of a vest.  Really any kind but a faux fur is my favorite.  I'd have to take one of my faves on the island.  I found this one that would be perfect for upcoming holiday parties and events.  Or a great Christmas present!  Isn't it cute?



We'd love for you to join us next month when we share what Christmas movies we'd be packing for the island!  See you next time!  XOXO

7 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I mean, of course you are going to take your fur vest to your island! And that first coat looks like it could keep you warm in the arctic!!! AND it's cute!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so glad you linked to that coat from your trip! I loved it in every picture and wanted to know where you got it. Happy Stranded Day to you my friend! xo

Narci said...

That first jacket is perfect on you! I love! And, you definitely need that fur vest! :)

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I feel like a fur vest is an obvious choice if your stranded! I had to include a vest and a trench in my three as well. That new puffer is adorable on you!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

I love a good vest too, & that one is so cute that you posted!! Thanks for sharing!

Francie Adderly said...

I love faux fur vests, it's definitely part of my Fall/winter must haves!!!http://supersimpleways.com/4/post/2016/11/fall-fashion-must-haves-on-sale-now.html

Brooke Richardson said...

You girls are going to be styling on that island. Haha!