Monday, November 21, 2016

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

The Slaughters are enjoying country life this week in Missouri.  We arrived on Friday, have already enjoyed a big bonfire complete with hot dogs and smores, and are loving all the space the country brings.

To kick off this week of Thanksgiving, I'm sharing some things in my life I'm SO thankful for.  If you're like me...it's way too easy for me to get caught up in my comfortable life and not think about EVERYTHING I have to be thankful for.  The list could go on and on. 

And on.

But I'm just sharing a few of my favorites.  :)


*This guy.  He's my absolute favorite.  I'm so thankful for how he loves us all so big, for how hard he works to provide, for how hard he pushes us all to try our very best, and for how he leads our family.  In the words of Lauren (from the Bachelor Ben's season), I'm so thankful he's "my person". 



*A Savior...I'm thankful for a Savior who died for me



*These three who call me Mama.  :)  I dreamed my whole life about being a mom and these three right here help me fulfill that dream every single day.  So thankful for their personalities, all the crazy fun they bring, and the love we share.



*My girlfriends...I'm a girl's girl and could seriously not do life without these ladies.  I'm so thankful I get to do life with these ladies.  From a sick kiddo, to a meal dropped off, to a play date to help keep a mama friend sane...no matter what it is-it feels great to know I can count on these friends for anything.



*I'm thankful for this family I was born into.  I was raised in a home where I learned about respect, manners, the love of a family, and Jesus.  I don't take that for granted for a second.  I'm thankful for my parents, my brother and his wife-he got lucky with this one-she is a gem, and my nephews are crazy cool!



*I'm thankful for our freedoms.  Thankful for the men and women who fight for those freedoms everyday.  And thankful to live here in America.

Like I said, I could go on and on and on.  :)  So much to be thankful for. 

What about you?  What are you thankful for this year?

I'm choosing to have a THANKFUL heart this week.  Hope you are too!  XOXO

4 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm thankful for so much, but one of them is most definitely YOU! XO

Michelle K said...

What a lovely post! Thank you.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Great post. So much to be thankful for!!!!!

Kathy Lang said...

I am thankful for so much, including encouraging blogs like yours!