Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Favorites

Friday, am I glad to see you!  Today is the big kids last day of school and then NO EARLY WAKE UPS or EARLY BEDTIMES for TWO WEEKS!  WAHOO!  And for this mama it means...no homework packets or lunches!  YAY!

I'm joining my girls, Andrea and Narci, to share my Friday Favorites with you.  If you're new let me share a bit...each Friday we host a link-up and invite everyone to join.  Simply blog some favorites (such a broad topic-can be anything), grab our graphic, link back to us, and then add your blog to the link-up at the bottom of the post.  Super easy!  And we're so glad you're here.  One more thing-please only link up one post to the link-up.  Thank you!

 Last week Shay hosted a fun night for a few couples.  We had such a good night.  Hanging out with these ladies is always a FAVORITE!


 Today is the LAST day to enter our Christmas Cheer Giveaway!  You can check out this post to enter the Rafflecopter.  Don't forget to visit Fancy Ashley to see all the Christmas fun she's having as well.


Last weekend one of my college roommates got married here in Ft. Worth so another college roommate and her family came for the fun.  We met up with them at the Gaylord on Saturday to check out the Ice exhibit.  Nixon was being a ham.


At this point, we haven't even gone inside and 2/5 are already over pictures.


Just something I've learned in my few visits to the Ice...if you can go early in December.  In the past we've gone earlier in the month and in the evening and we've never seen it this busy.  Saturdays around lunch time are busy.  Just something to keep in mind.


This year's theme is "Santa Claus is Comin' To Town".


This guy is my favorite. 


Carrie and I roomed together in college for two years...once in a dorm room and then in apartments with two other girls.  She was such a gift to me.  They live in Little Rock and it was SO MUCH FUN getting to see them for the weekend.  



The slide is always a hit and then right after this picture...my phone died.  Anyone surprised?  haha!


Afterwards we grabbed lunch and thawed out.  :)

All the kiddos stayed at our house with a babysitter while the grown ups headed to the wedding.
My cute date :)


Erin was the most beautiful bride.  I'm so happy for her!



Sunday after church I threw on this comfy sweatshirt (I'm talking COMFY), some sweats, and my house shoes to rest up for the week.  I tried my best to find links for the sweatshirt and pants, but it's mission impossible.  I just got them last week at Target.  


**STOCKING ALERT** My hair stylist just recommended this product, Puff Me.  She knows I love some volume!  It's a volumizing cloud mist spray.  You spray at the roots where you want a little volume.  You can actually see the cloud of mist, and then you can feel the product.  It's a bit sticky/hard.  I don't know the word to describe it, but if you puff you're hair up (like to give it volume) it stays!  I wouldn't use this product on day one clean hair because the product really stays.  I've been using it on days two through four and so far I'm loving it.  It washes out well and seriously works!  It's a pretty small bottle so I have no clue how long it'll last.  But it would make the perfect little stocking stuffer.


 Shay and I are excited to be WORKIN' IT with you in 2017!  I messed up and typed 2018 in my post this week.  So sorry!  I'm sure you knew what I meant.  :)

We thought it'd be a fun link-up for other women to share how they "work it".

Please join us every month.  It's gonna be fun!

Hope you have a great weekend! XO


22 comments:

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

Hallelujah for the 2-weeks off of early mornings and early bed times!! & I cannot wait for the new link-up to start!

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

What a great week! And I absolutely LOVE the dress you were to the wedding! Happy Friday!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Days 2-4 made me lol. TWO THROUGH 4????? Why does my hair look bad on Day 2? Whahhhhhhhh!!!!! You looked gorgeous at the wedding!!! Love that lace dress!

Narci said...

Girl, you looked amazing at the wedding!! And, I am going to by that hair product right now! Xoxo Narci

Mix and Match Mama said...

Because of you...I have Puff Me at my house...and it freakishly puffs me. :)

kelly said...

This was a great Friday Favorite! !lots of new, fun stuff! I'm Def trying the Puff Me! Thank you fur sharing!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Days two through FOUR?!?!?! This greasy head of hair is SO JEALOUS!!! I'm lucky to get away with day 2 hair. But I love some good volume so Puff Me (is anyone else giggling to themselves?) may make its way into my bathroom.

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Wanderlust Wroe said...

I found the shirt from target. Now we can all rejoice in cozy!

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-cheers-brushed-cozy-pullover-sweatshirt-ivory-grayson-threads/-/A-51530678

Erika Slaughter said...

Wahoo!!! It was like a needle in a haystack for me. Target's website and I don't get along well. :)

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

LOVE your dress for the wedding!! Target's website is impossible sometimes. Yay for Christmas break!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Ooh I need me some puff me!!!

Allyson said...

Your friend came and shared her adoption and faith story at my church a few weeks ago. Have a great Christmas break with the kiddos.

Brittany said...

I ordered this portable phone charger and it is AWESOME! It's a little bigger than others I have seen but it will stay charged for up to 6 months if you aren't using it. And it will recharge my phone multiple times. I usually only have to charge the actual charger once every week or two. It's great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSFYWFW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Wheeeere are your black heels from in that picture of y'all at the wedding? OMG, I die.

Queen In Between said...

Obviously....I did NOT read your comment about one link before I linked this morning!! I will follow the rules from now on. :)

Megan said...

Loving your comfy outfit!! And happy Christmas break lady!!

Angela said...

oh my goodness! You went with my twins! I taught E last year and my co-teacher had O. I am convinced there isn't a more precious family ON THE PLANET!!

Sheela Goh said...

I think your cute date had a gorgeous woman beside him :)

Unknown said...

Here's a little PSA, you can go to a phone fix store and get a new battery for your phone! I'm in Utah and it's $25 here. We did this for my sons phone and it works great! Good luck! Have an awesome break 😊

Ann Marie Tennison said...

Wait, Wait... did you say TARGET!? Did you finally cave? ;)

Lauren @ Lot Forty Eight said...

i had no idea this linkup existed! i am glad i found it!

Happylife40 said...

Target's website HATES me!! I don't know why but every time I am on there it throws me off their website. Maybe it's God's way of saying not to spend money.