Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday-My Christmas Home Tour


Happy Christmas Home Tour Day!

I think it's so fun to take a sneak peek into everyone's homes especially when they're all decorated for Christmas.  I'm joining, Andrea, to share a bit of my house with you.

First of all, I've been blogging for years and I still don't have the natural light in different rooms figured out.  There are some goals for my 2017.  Right?

 The front room that is just missing a fun new light fixture (after we take down that white fan) got a few Christmas touches.


I like to add some Christmas pillows anywhere I possibly can.  Tab would completely agree with that statement.  And who doesn't love the twinkling lights?

Do you guys remember last year when I did this tour the bottom 1/3 of our Christmas tree's lights were completely out?  What was I thinking?  haha!

I'm on the hunt for new stockings for me and Tab.  When the Shull family expanded, they had to upgrade from "PEACE" to a bigger word so I politely took this one off their hands.  My lantern is the large size and is one of my favorite decor pieces.



I don't like when my kids throw the pillows off to sit down, but one day Nixon said, "Mom, do you expect us to sit on this tiny little spot?"...about the size of the one pictured above.  Point taken.  Score one for Nix.  :)

This Christmas pillow really brings a little cheer to my brown chair.  I added a few other touches here and there around the room.


This Painted Fox tray was a splurge, but I absolutely love it.  I picked up a few random goodies at Home Goods and love the way it looks for Christmas.

Hope you enjoyed the little Christmas tour and I can't wait to take a peek at yours.  Have a great day!  XO

20 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks beautiful, Erika! I asked for that amazing Painted Fox tray for Christmas. I'm obsessing over it.

I shared my holiday decor on the blog today too!
www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

Everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! I loved every little detail (and pillow :) )!

Elizabeth Rogers said...

Such a gorgeous home! Linking up our Christ home today!
Xo
http://stripesandsolitaires.com

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

Love all the pretty white lights, especially with the garland on the banister!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Give me all the pillows!!! There are currently six holiday pillows on my couch alone. They are my favorite (and easiest) way to decorate for Christmas. Love all of your twinkle lights. When I write my post I realized I forgot to put mine out in the mantle and banister. Oops! Next year!

Narci said...

All of it looks beautiful!!! Also, Your front room has turned out so pretty!! Great job, friend!

Deena - Shoes to Shiraz said...

I love your fireplace- makes everything look so cozy!

TorontoSAM said...

I share your love for holiday pillows but my collection has only just begun!!

Skye said...

The pillow comment makes me laugh. 'My husband tells me all the time I'm a pillow hoarder. I added another one to our bed this week and he said eventually we will never be able to sleep because it will take us all night to remove all the throw pillows from the bed before we can lay down. (And he can't Just throw them on the floor. They have to be strategically placed in a spot I say.. haha!!) And same with our kids, I hate when they throw the couch pillows in the floor.... but point taken, i don't leave a lot of sitting room.

daymewalther.com said...

Your house is adorable!!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Love all your decor! My husband says the same thing about our pillows but they just make everything look better :)
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Kim Taylor said...

Your decor looks lovely! I love your home. SO cozy! I have a tray like yours (from Magnolia) and I absolutely love decorating it for the seasons and holidays! and Nixon was spot on about the space to sit. My family says the same! Merry Christmas!

Teri O'Neil said...

Looks great!

~ Teri @ www.shhmommysdrinking.com

Rachael Rambling said...

Love seeing your Christmas decor!!! When you get done with that Fox tray send it my way ;) Love it!!1

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Everything is beautiful, Erika!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

So festive and cozy!

Whitney Pegram said...

I love all your pillows! And now that you said something, I do remember your tree from last year. Bahaha that is too funny! Everything looks amazing!

Courtney Taube said...

I am a huge fan of pillows as well, and had to include them in my Christmas tour too! Yours look awesome.

Courtney - www.greywoodmama.com

Leigh (Balancing By Faith) said...

So very pretty!! I also sneak pillows into the house often - and its my husband who constantly throws them off to make room to sit!!

Megan said...

Love how comfy and cozy everything looks!!!