Wednesday, December 7, 2016

What I'm Wearing

Happy Wednesday, Ladies!

I grabbed a few pictures of outfits this week and then found a couple sale items I wanted to share as well.

My Outfits...
It's finally in the FORTIES, here in Texas!  Which means all the layers for me!  I found this blanket scarf a year or two ago at Forever 21.  They have lots of cute and super affordable scarves. This top is crazy comfy and I have a maternity tank under to cover all my parts with these leggings and my Hunter rain boots.  Not because I'm pregnant!!  But because I'm long-waisted.  If you are too, then I highly recommend them.

This sweater makes me think of a snowy ski lodge or possibly a cool day in McKinney?  They're pretty much the same thing.  ;)  Another tank, comfy jeans, and over-the-knee boots for the win.

This top is also crazy comfy.  You can wear it over work out clothes to the gym or wear it everyday.  Either way you'll look great and so put together.  My favorite tank and a comfy pair of workout leggings were my Friday.



A Few Sale Items...
I realize you can barely even see my leggings, but trust me...they're good, they're on sale now, and they're Spanx!  Need I say more?  :)

This Free People top is being price matched now.

This twisted front top is now on sale (in several colors) 40% off!

I've shared this dress multiple times but it's still one of my go-tos AND it's on sale again!

And this dress is on sale too!  I'm planning on wearing it with some over-the-knee boots or with faux leather leggings.

And this one is now under $20.

Have a great day!  I'll be back tomorrow sharing some of the Christmas fun we've been having.  XO




21 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

So much cuteness in one post!! I really love that one sweater you had on Friday!

Kellie said...

Love your plaid scarf! Wear did you get it?

Erika Slaughter said...

The plaid scarf on the last dress was from Altar'd State at the end of summer. Thank you!

Paula said...

Cute as ever!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

That grey sweater is crazy cute!

Narci said...

So many cute options!!! I loooove those dresses on you!! So adorable!!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I love the plaid scarf and red Hunter's together. The perfect hint of holiday festiveness. Adorable as always!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com/

Rachel Embery said...

I'm long waisted too....are all the tasks I see peeking out maternity ones?

Erika Slaughter said...

Mostly. :) I wear those reversible ones from Nordstrom too when it doesn't need to be as high or straps as wide. Hope that helps. :)

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Love all these outfits!! GENIUS!! I'm so long waisted but also short and I never thought about wearing maternity tanks. Thanks for sharing!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

The Stantons said...

Sing it out loud! Maternity tops for those of us that are long waisted is brilliant and needs to be preached! I bought the best fitting warm up jacket a year ago at Old Navy and it was in the wrong section of the store. I had no idea it was maternity until I cut the tags off at home. I love the way it fits! I am going to proudly look at maternity tanks now that someone agrees that is the way to go!

eunice said...

I hear you on the maternity tanks.....that is until I found these! They are heaven sent. I am also long waisted (5'8" about 120#) so I was skeptical about a "one size" tank. You must try them. They are so awesome!! I will link a wide shoulder strap with higher neckline and a narrow shoulder strap with lower neckline. They come in a variety of colors too!. You may also just check out the whole site, they are a local boutique from MI and I just love everything they have! Also I think the link for the last dress may be wrong. Either way, all cute stuff and love reading your blog!

http://www.hawthorne-collection.com/products/wide-strap-layering-cami

http://www.hawthorne-collection.com/products/long-layering-cami

Erika Slaughter said...

Eunice, thanks for letting me know about the link! I fixed it. :) I'll have to check out those Hawthorne tanks!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Girl, I don't know if I've every told you or not, but you have the best legs!! We're talking Carrie Underwood legs! That's my dream to have legs like hers! Haha.

live compassionately said...

Thanks for the maternity tank tip! I have a longer one that I wear with leggings but it is old and the strap is torn (held on with a safety pin - bless it!). The store I bought it from closed and I wasn't sure where I could get another long one!

Lauren said...

What size did you order in the Free People plum turtleneck? :)

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

Thank goodness for the temperatures cooling off a bit! I've finally been living in layers, and I even broke out my toboggan yesterday here in Tennessee!! #it'sthelittlethings

Kristina Briggeman said...

I have never thought of maternity tanks for more length!! GENIUS!!

Hannah Hardy said...

Your snow ski lodge sweater looks like the definition of WINTER in my book! You've listed so many cute items and great gift ideas!

Erika Slaughter said...

Small :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Lindsey!