Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Day in the Life

Hey, Hey Friends!

I took pictures all day long yesterday so I could share what a Monday looks like around here.  Hope you enjoy!

I was up at 4:50 a.m. to have some quiet time while sipping my coffee.

Then I got some work done before I got the crazies up for school.

The ONLY reason I'm not eating something fabulous you suggested for breakfast is because I had a grocery pick-up scheduled later in the day.  I hadn't been to the store since before that post.  

I got everyone up and this is what it typically looks like.  A few minutes of cartoons before eating breakfast and then they get ready for school.

Out the door and ready to take on Monday!

I told you the Trolls soundtrack is on REPEAT in our car.

Bowen and I dropped the big kids off at school.  I should add there was a car letting lots of kids out, so the carpool line was stopped and waiting.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have snapped a picture.

Then this cutie and I were off to the gym.

Bowen went to the childcare to play while I hit up my Monday workout class.  

A funny story while we were waiting for class to start- Shay grabbed her phone and asked if we (Narci and I) could take a picture for her "day in the life" post.  I cracked up and told them I was documenting my day too.  So, be looking for her post tomorrow of what her Monday looked like. Even crazier part is Narci said she'd thought about doing one this week as well.  Great minds, right?!  ha!

After class I got showered, dressed, and snagged Bowen from childcare.

Bowen and I ran a couple errands...one was the dry cleaner to drop off and pick up.

Then we met my women's group at church at Petra (a taco place in McKinney).  We had a great time getting caught up, sharing a bit of our hearts, and enjoying the queso.  :)

These two ladies are so sweet.  The women's ministry at our church had a sign up over the summer and in the fall we were matched with one or two women for the year.  Our church is pretty big and it can be easy to only get to know people your age...our Sunday School class is all one age group.  This ministry is awesome because it connects different ages and we get to spend a year together learning from each other.  My group has been consistently meeting about every 4-6 weeks.

Usually, I work on blog stuff or travel agency stuff from 1:00-3:00 everyday while Bowen is chilling, playing, or napping.  Since I had a longer lunch and a few things to do afterwards, I knew I wouldn't have time yesterday.  I made sure to work some on Saturday and Sunday to make up for it.

My favorite way to grocery shop.  hahaha!

When I called the number they told me it would be a few minutes.  Bowen had fallen asleep, I was drinking some tea, and was all too happy to wait a few minutes.  #takeyourtimewalmart

We got home and had about thirty minutes before we needed to pick up the big kids.  I unloaded groceries, changed the laundry, and made myself a cup of coffee.

This guy was READY to grab the big kids!  

The weather was GORGEOUS here yesterday.  We had to skip out on playing at the park because Bowen had a quick appointment right after school.

These two got their homework finished while they waited *patiently*.  Check out Nixon's face...patience is shining right off him.  Right?  ha!

We got home in plenty of time to enjoy the weather.  These two made some sort of bug community with leaves.

 While I was making this Mexican Meatloaf for dinner...

This was my view outside.  :)

Tab got home, but never made it in a picture.  We had dinner-it turned out yummy!  And then this happened...

A clean kitchen

I know I've mentioned before I have crazy big renovation plans for our kitchen.  I've hit that mark where I don't even want to spend money on light bulbs in the current kitchen.  You know what I'm talking about?  We need a new kitchen table and I'm waiting on that as well. New light fixtures, new counter tops, new backsplash, and the list goes on.  Anyway, just yesterday I noticed a big crack in our counter top. I'm hoping that means we're one day closer to the new kitchen!  #itllstillbeawhile

Tab had a work phone call, so I took over bath duty...which at this age for our kids simply means making sure they use soap.  haha!  Then we watched a couple YouTube videos of Dude Perfect.

Have you guys heard of Dude Perfect?  It's a group of five best friends who met in college and they do all kinds of silly, crazy sports tricks.  All three of my kids love watching.  These guys are Christian guys so they're super safe to watch.  They also have guest stars helping every once in a while.  If you have kiddos ages five-ten, I'm sure they'd love it!

While we watched a couple episodes, I uploaded pictures from my day to get this post written.

We put the kiddos to bed and I watched a little Gossip Girl before drifting to sleep.  :)

Hope you enjoyed our Monday!  XOXO

25 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like a great Monday to me! :) Love these kinds of posts!

Heather Bramlett said...

Sounds so similar to my days!
Looks like a great Monday!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

"I don't even want to spend money on light bulbs..." hahaha, I laughed out loud. Totally can relate... we would like to repaint/renvoate all the cabinets in the kitchen, so I've stopped even really wiping them down. How pathetic is that?! We LOVE Dude Perfect around here too!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love how similar our Mondays are :). It makes my heart happy.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Fun post! Carter is a HUGE Dude Perfect fan over here. In fact, now when he does anything that is even just a tiny bit impressive, he yells "DUDE PERFECT" and celebrates. :)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love a Day in the Life post!! I started taking pictures for mine yesterday but then got way too busy and forgot so now I'm starting over today. These are always so fun to read!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Unknown said...

I just have to say, I love coming to your blog in the mornings for a fun, lighthearted read. I feel like social media is a firestorm lately, and your posts are such a pick me up. Keep it up! :-)

Narci said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me! Love getting to see you every Monday, and we LOVE Dude Perfect over here too!

Elaine Welte said...

Ha! My day in the life post was yesterday! It must be the week for them!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Day in the life posts are so fun! Dude Perfect is a favorite with my boys as well. can't wait to see what you have in store for your kitchen down the line!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Fun! I love the group you do with your church. We do something similar and I love it! !!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

My boys love Dude Perfect!! I cannot wait to see that kitchen renovation!! :)

Marla Slaughter said...

Take a hammer and make that crack a little bigger!

Karen said...

Your hair after the gym was perfection!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

What a full day! I love what your church did and wish ours would do something similar. I feel like you could learn so much that way! Hahaha love Marla's comment!!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Megan said...

What a great day!!! And I'm laughing at not wanting to buy bulbs for your kitchen!!!?

Emily said...

After reading your posts I decided to re-watch Gossip Girl (I watched it in college) and I am HOOKED. It's like a train wreck .. you just cant look away!

Tanya Eberle said...

We took a road trip to Texas for the Cotton Bowl and the kids begged we stop and take a picture at the dude perfect building. All three of my kids love them!!! They even make up there own dude perfect trick shots!

Charity said...

I meant to document my Monday as well! but I forgot and didn't remember until 3 pm. Hopefully next week! I love these posts! Makes my nosy heart happy :)

Mason Bowman said...

Question, Is the meatloaf spicy?

Erika Slaughter said...

The meatloaf isn't a bit spicy...with that said my taste buds were made for Texas. haha! You could always add less chili powder then the recipe suggests?

Adrienne Rochelle said...

Your meatloaf sounds delicious. I am going to have to give it a try.

melissalane04 said...

I am SOOOO glad you mentioned Dude Perfect! My 7 year old talks about these guys all the time and I have been trying to figure out what they are all about. I feel so much better that you said it is a SAFE group. WE totally are crazy about some Dude Perfect here too!

Loren Lately said...

I can't wait to show my son Evan Dude Perfect!! Love your day in the life posts... why do we love these so much I'll never know.

Whitney Pegram said...

Is Walmart grocery pick-up not amazing?!?