Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Favorites

It's FRIDAY!

Narci, Andrea, and I are hosting our FIRST FRIDAY FAVORITES of 2017!  We're glad you're here.  I shared lots of thoughts about link-ups yesterday.  If you're new to the blogging world and have some questions, please check it out.  We've all been there so I tried to put all the helpful hints in one place.  :)

FAVORITE picture of the week...a guy and his girl in his pickup truck.  ;)


I shared 10 Things that Make Me Happy-Take 2 earlier this week.  My list included Netflix and you guys had some of my FAVORITE additions to the list.


Speaking of Netflix...Did you guys see The Parent Trap-1961 Hayley Mills version is now on Netflix?  When I think back to my favorite childhood movies this one is high on the charts!   It was a FAVORITE!


My girl, Sheaffer, is BACK with her Bachelor recaps.  I have to confess I wasn't the biggest fan of Nick's.  On the first episode he totally won me over.  Sheaffer brought the laughs on her blog post.  You must check it out!  And my FAVORITE picture of Ashley was in attendance.  :)  


I shared my FAVORITE PRODUCTS of 2016 with you and they're riveting.  I'm talking ground meat chopper type riveting.  ;)


Tab and I had a great little getaway over the New Year.  Time away with this guys is always a FAVORITE.


Let me introduce you to Kristin.  She's a wife, mama to three littles, and she shares it all over at Growing Up Gill.  She lives close to where I grew up and a friend connected us via blogs.  So now, I'd call her a real friend too.  She's DARLING!  She had a post yesterday titled, "Baby #3" and I had all the thoughts about it.  It PULLED at my heartstrings, I was nodding my head in agreement throughout the entire post, and I knew instantly I had to share it with you.  She's a FAVORITE and I hope you'll check her out.  **Spoiler alert-She might be coming soon to share some crazy with us.**

*To go along with her post, I have a third kid story.  I made Shutterfly baby books for the older two and it just slipped my mind with Bowen.  Three kids...who has time to upload all the pictures for a book?  Right?  The big kids found their books last week and Bowen came up to me and said, "Mom, where's my baby book?".  MOM FAIL!  I told him we'd have to make him one.  #oops  Don't worry one day I'll lead him to this blog to check out all his baby pictures and then Kristin's post. 


It's a little short and sweet, but thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a great weekend.  I'm off to family game night tonight.  It's boy versus girls...wish us luck!  ;)

27 comments:

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I love the original Parent Trap! Yay! Happy Friday!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Happy New Year! Thanks so much for introducing us to Kristin! Look forward to reading her blog!! Always love tour top threes!! Have a great weekend!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm heading right now to read her post. And I need to make baby books for my littles too!! My big kids have them...but I've totally failed with the last two. Happy Friday!

Erika Slaughter said...

Happy New Year, Katie! You'll love her!

Sarah Bell said...

Happy Friday!!! Ahhh, I'm so excited about this Bachelor season...not sure about Nick too, we shall see what happens! Thanks for hosting and hope you have a great weekend :)

Sarah Bell
Trendy & Tidy

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Don't feel guilty. I never made baby books for ANY of my kids. Owen has one and the only page filled out...birth stats. Ha!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com/

Erika Slaughter said...

I feel you, friend!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! Time will tell about Nick. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I completely understand!! There's only so much time in the day. :)

Ann said...

I had to giggle when I read your post about the hamburger thingi. My husband always complains that I leave the ground beef in too big of chunks. He found a ground beef breaker upper like yours at Kroger and put it in my stocking for Christmas. I kind of rolled my eyes at him. LOL I told him about your post and he felt completely justified!!! I have used it and it is pretty cool.

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

The original parent trap is a favorite of mine, too!! Such a classic!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

That Ashley screen cap is a classic, and pretty much sums up my reactions to most things bachelor-now!

kimm atwood said...

I feel you about baby #3...so imagine when it's baby #5...epic mom fail for sure. Have a great weekend !!!

Narci said...

Off to read her post! She is darling! And, I loved The Parent Trap! Can't wait to watch that with the kids this weekend! Happy Friday!!

brookerichardson said...

I have been using chatbooks to make little books recently for different occasions! They are perfect and so easy to do, even from your phone. Just wanted to share!

Perfectly Port said...

Oh my goodness, I love a good classic like Parent Trap. We are totally watching that for family movie night this weekend. Now one can hope Apple Dumpling Gang and Pollyanna will come to Netflix too! I follow Kristin on instagram...so fun to see her featured here. Happy Friday!

Jenny Byrd said...

Just read the Growing up Gill blog on baby #3. I am expecting my 3rd boy in April 5 years after my youngest and I can ready tell that me and her would be best friends! Ha! I'm new to blog reading but I will definitely continue to check her blog. Thanks for sharing!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

LOVE that photo of Ashby & Bowen! Good luck at game night!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Catherine Short said...

We were watching The Parent Trap over the weekend. I watched it all of the as a kid.

Meg Taylor said...

Ahhh I did NOT see that the original Parent Trap is on Netflix - that's one of my all-time favorites. Have a great weekend!

Meg, Borrowed Heaven

Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams said...

I have to check out your favorite products of 2016! Checking out Kristin's blog too! Happy 2017 to the Slaughters :-)
Xo
Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams 

Sierra @ Beautifully Candid said...

Happy Friday! I used to love watching the original Parent Trap with my grandparents. Let's get together yeah yeah yeah ;) Beautifully Candid

Sheela Goh said...

Parent Trap woohoo!! One of the best classics :)

Megan said...

Poor Bowen!! Ha!! I'm going to direct my kids straight to my stash of chatbooks!!! That's about as far as I've gotten to baby books!!

Kristin said...

ERIKA! Day made...and actually week made! Thanks for all the wise {blogging} words and encouragement! Have to type up something from time to time so my kids know how I actually feel about them aside from "Kids! Get in the car NOW!" and the "what do you mean you can't find any socks" and the "stop bothering your brothers!" ;-) hehe! Thanks again!
{And I have no idea if this will actually comment with my name or' anonymous '...because #nottechsavvy}
Hugs!

Jennifer Pabst said...

That baby #3 post is the EXACT thing i'm living with my #4. We have a wide variety of ages in this house (14,12,8 and 2) and things have been 100% different than they were with #1. I always tell them they should be happy social media wasn't a thing in 2002 when we started having kids, because the world was just different then! There wasn't posting a pic every 30 days, or month stickers or any other crazy thing that happens now. But, I am so laid back, so chill, so.much.happier!!!

Jen
jpabstfitness.com