Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tuesday Talk

Happy Tuesday, Friends!

I'm so excited about the first Tuesday Talk of the year.  Fancy Ashley and will be chit-chatting like two girlfriends the third Tuesday of every month and we'd love for you to join us!  You can share anything!

Today, I'm sharing things that drive me CRAZY!  Maybe you feel the same way?

*Hollywood Movie Producers-Goodness!  How I wish someone could send them this blog post.  Can someone PLEASE explain why they feel the need to take a super cute wholesome family movie and add two naughty words?  Would removing those words really make the movie bad?  NO!!  It drives me crazy.  Movies like Mighty Ducks, the Sandlot, Home Alone, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid all fall into this category.  My kids are in that stage where they still watch animated movies and love them, but they also enjoy watching kid movies with people.  And there just aren't that many out there without naughty words!  UGH!  If you are a Hollywood producer, PLEASE explain to me why you throw in just two-three naughty words?  Us mamas of the world would LOVE an explanation.

*Delivery Times-We ordered Ebby Lee a new bed (like three months ago and it's finally arriving) and the company called to schedule a delivery date.  The options were THE ENTIRE DAY.  They couldn't even tell me morning or afternoon.  They wanted me to block off the entire day.  No, children, I can't take you to school because the bed might delivered at 8:00 a.m.  No, I cannot go to the store or run any errand or leave my house, because the bed might be delivered.  Isn't that crazy?  Or is that one just me?

*Cream Cheese-Whoever invented this I'm angry with them.  I'm tend to think everything would taste a little better with some cream cheese.  Anyone agree?  BUT WHY invent it if it's so bad for us?  I think maybe this person guy or girl should have spent more time figuring out a way to make carrot sticks more delicious instead coming up with cream cheese.

*CD's-Are these a thing anymore?  Do people even still make cds?  I'm not sure but I'm under the impression the only way I can purchase a song and listen is ITunes.  Tab always tells this story about his dad not wanting to put a cd player in his truck because he told him that cds wouldn't be around long before the next best thing was out.  We used to laugh at his dad and right this second he has a point.  I'm going to sound a little older than my age, but sometimes all the technology drives me nuts!  I wish we could slow down a little bit.

*Purses-I shared last week what was in my bag at the moment and many of you laughed, some of you shook your head, and others virtually fist-bumped me.  Purses drive me crazy!  A different handbag for different outfits, you have to remember to move all the important stuff from one bag to the other, and it's just so much to keep up with!  

Now it's your turn.  What drives you CRAZY?!  Hope you enjoyed the first Tuesday Talk of the year.  

Thanks again for joining us today!  :)



34 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes, yes, yes on the delivery time!! The same goes for repair men as well. You might even get daring to sneak out and pick up a quick lunch, but the second that you leave...you get the phone call that he's arriving! SO. ANNOYING.

www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

I say we start some sort of petition to the movie producers! That drives me crazy too! My oldest loves the sandlot and we have to fast forward through that ONE word!! Ugh. Happy Tuesday!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! Please give me a window of time. Just a window is all we need. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I had that movie in mind when I wrote this. Hahaha! Forward the petition on to me! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh my goodness, yes to them all. The delivery time one always makes me crazy! It's always such a wide window!

Genevieve Perryman said...

Oh goodness...with the delivery times...or should I say delivery "days"! And it never fails that I need to be somewhere or run to the store for something on those scheduled days! I really should plan it better and take full advantage of being confined to the house for a day and organize a closet or something! But then of course that would be the day they show up at 8am :) Thanks for the fun link up!

Kristi Griedl said...

Totally agree on those delivery people.. so frustrating when you need to be home ALL day! I mean, do they think people don't have a life or obligations?! We had the same problem with our appliances and they didn't show up the day we scheduled so you better believe I was not waiting another whole day just to have those delivered!

Happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

I just hope Ebby Lee's bed comes in one piece! We waited SIX MONTHS for Quinn's bed, only for it to come broken. Ohhhh, I saw red that day. Oh, the grocery store layout drives me CRAZY. I needed sour cream last night and it's in the farthest back corner it could possibly be, away from everything else I needed. Like, it's not even close to the dairy or cheese or anything that would make sense. I decided not to get the sour cream. How's that for lazy?

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Don't get the bag thing...never will. The delivery time thing is one of my absolute biggest pet peeves EVER. I NEED A WINDOW!!!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Always!!

Erika Slaughter said...

That's what happened! Bed showed up at 8 am!

Erika Slaughter said...

Oh girl! I feel you!

Erika Slaughter said...

It arrived in one piece! And I LOL'd at your sour cream. Not worth it!

Julie Connelly said...

Yes, they still make CDs!! That is ALL my daughter asked for for Christmas this year...a boombox & CDs :) I bought the majority of the CDs off Amazon & only 1 or 2 in an actual store. And I TOTALLY agree w/ you on delivery times!!!! It's just ridiculous to make people block off an ENTIRE day...give me a 2-3 hour window so I can still run errands or get stuff done. HAHAHA!!!!!

Paula said...

I asked for an old school radio with CD player for my birthday last year. I didn't want to drain my battery/data using Pandora. I wanted the old fashion radio. Well, my husband got me one AND I LOVE IT! It is on EVERY SINGLE DAY! And.......I buy CDs. All kinds. Another frustration with Pandora, it skipped around. Sometimes I want to listen to the whole album. Now I get to. I have a nice selection now for both home & car.

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!!! Never have, never will. LOL! Yes! The window can be big or small-but just give us a window!

Erika Slaughter said...

I haven't browsed the cd section in years! Glad to know they're still out there!

Erika Slaughter said...

This is probably why my phone is always dying!

McFarland Family said...

Oh the movies...and books. Why do they ruin what would a great family movie with bad words or inappropriate scenes. I have a 13 year old daughter. Everything out there seems like it has at least one random inappropriate scene it that could easily be taken out. Ugh!!!

Narci said...

Can we please send a copy of our letter to network executives too?? We will be sitting there watching something super innocent like the Cowboy game, and they will run a commercial for the latest thriller movie. Do they not know that they just bought me AT LEAST one kid in my bed that night? Haha! It makes me crazy! We've started DVRing the games just so we can fast forward during the commercials! ;) And, I totally forgot about your link up! Next month for sure! So fun!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

The movie thing DRIVES ME NUTS!!!! Why is it necessary??? And delivery times? Don't even get me started. It is perfectly ok for a delivery person to make you wait an entire day to deliver a couch but people lose their minds having to wait five minutes for a prescription at a pharmacy. Ha!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

kelly said...

Hollywood is basically corrupt but I heard an explanation as to why they add bad words or stuff like that unnecessarily. Because it drives me nuts that they do this too! The reason I heard is so that they can put a PG rating on the movie because the PG rating attracts more customers to come and watch the movie. That's what I heard. Don't know how true it is but it kind of made sense.
P.s. waiting around all day for a bit he's crazy. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Sarah R said...

The cream cheese was my personal favorite!! "that person needed to spend more time figuring out how to make carrots tastier" LOL

Lizzie Simantz said...

That is so crazy when you get an entire day window for a delivery!! That just happened to me with a couch, so weird! And yes to the kid movies with just a couple bad words, what is the point!?!?

Laci Murray said...

Most anything we try to watch on TV has to be recorded due to commercials being completely inappropriate. Movies are totally off topic...they come with bad language and lifestyles I am not ready to discuss with my youngest child. Before we even try to watch a movie I have to discuss the dos and don'ts...crazy. Don't even get me started on time slots....they don't even show up when they have a designated time. It's just crazy!! We are raising our kids in a very different world than I grew up in and I am NOT OLD. I am 32 years old and can't believe how things have changed so much! Oh...and why does cream cheese have calories?? Boo!!

live compassionately said...

Delivery times and repair/installation/etc. times drive me bananas too! I still buy CDs, but I tend to be behind the times on technology hahaha :) Purses - I am far too lazy to change my purse to go with my outfit. I just pick one I like and carry it until I'm tired of it!

Stephanie said...

Haha! The cream cheese struggle is real!
I try to buy Neufchatel cheese instead (they are right next to each other at the store). I can't taste a difference when I cook with it, and it makes me feel a litttttttle better about whatever I'm cooking. :)

Megan said...

The Charlie Brown movies all day Stupid and I had to ban them from my house!! My 2 and 3 year old so not need stupid in their vocabulary. Right?!? Drives me crazy!!!!! And I'm laughing at the cream cheese comment. Ha!!!

Michelle N. said...

The movies! Thank you! Seen this post and all the comments along to Hollywood! I agree!! The languate doesn't add anything good to the movie!

Tanya said...

I totally agree about the movies (and tv!) And it only gets worse as they get older. Now that mine are 13 and 14, they really want to see some of the PG13 movies. And I am ok with some of them. But others, I just think- why did they have to put that 20 second bedroom scene in and ruin a movie that would otherwise be ok for them to watch.

Elaine Welte said...

I'm right there with you with the language!!!! Especially the older classics.... or movies I grew up with... we're letting the girls watch them now, and I had no idea how many words were in those movies!

Kelli @ A Deeper Joy said...

I hear ya on the movie thing. It drives me nuts too! Even movies that aren't "family" movies, but have a good story line...they'd be great, no bad words necessary, but they still add them. I think it's a cultural thing and unfortunately, most of the world doesn't see anything wrong with them :-/ And funny you say that about CD's. I just found my binder full of my old CD's and I was ecstatic! I grabbed 6 of them that I haven't heard in forever and put them in my CD changer in my car. I've been so excited to drive and listen to them! :-p My kids think I'm crazy!

Katy Tarbutton said...

It took everything we had to throw out the CDs in our move, BUT I secretly kept all mine. Along with all my VHS Disney movies! What I don't know. Ha! I do not own a VCR or CD player. Also, the waiting all day long for someone to show up and fix your internet or cable is insane. It never fails...then they show up at middle of dinner.

Jennifer said...

yep, totally agree with you on the curse words in kids movies. Why???