Tuesday, January 10, 2017

What's In My Bag

If you guys know me, then you're like this after reading the title...

 You're LAUGHING because you know I have NO business doing a "What's In My Bag" post.  

Or..

You're confused because you didn't even know I owned a bag.  :)

If this was a test, the answer would be "C".  All of the above.  ha!

Last year, I posted a survey and THANK YOU AGAIN for answering!  A blog post that was recommended over and over again was a "What's In Your Bag" post.  I'm here to show you today why I should never do another "What's In My Bag" post again.

What can I say?  I'm just not a bag girl.  I own purses because there are times in my life when I need one, but the majority of my day-to-day life I'd rather just grab my cell phone, my keys, and my wallet.  #imnotevenkidding

I realize it makes me appear like I'm in middle school so I'm working on it.

I have a couple cross body purses I love.  I always take these when we're traveling or if I'm setting out for a long haul day of shopping.  The rest of the time I carry nothing or a big tote.  

I just used this purse for church on Sunday, so you're seeing it in all it's glory. 
It's a black Kate Spade tote.  Super traditional and can hold a lot.  That's why I like it.

A little peek at what's inside.  A MESS!

I dumped it all out and found this...
*Trash-Look at that pile of trash!

*PinStack Gift Card-You never know when you're going to be near a PinStack and get the urge for some ski ball.  Right?  :)

*Food-HOW did they all get in my purse?

*Church Papers-My kids must have been working overtime in their classes yesterday because ALL of that got shoved in my purse afterwards.

*Lip Gloss-Because if I'm carrying a purse, I need some gloss.

*Ponytail Holder-In case of emergencies :)

*Earrings-I don't even remember putting that pair of earrings in my purse.

*Car-Again, no clue how that got in.

*Crayons-Each kiddo got a pack of three from church.

Take another look.  Do you notice anything MISSING?

MONEY or a WALLET!

If I would have met you for lunch yesterday, the lunch would have had to be your treat.  ALL that stuff inside and NO MONEY!?

My wallet was in the console of my car because the day before I'd just grabbed it and run in a store.  #mylife

The moral to this post is...don't be like me when it comes to your purse or bag situation.  hahahaha!  

What's in YOUR bag right now?

XOXO

27 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm laughing at the coincidence of you posting this and my transfer of purses yesterday! Throughout moving things to another bag, I thought "why the heck do I have this," or "thaaaaat's where my ______ has been!" It's a seriously black hole. Too funny!

Today I'm sharing my great finds on my shopping adventures from yesterday!

Www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

kimm atwood said...

I would be lost if I didn't have a bag with me. And I would be leaving my keys and wallet everywhere if I had to carry them. Lol

Mix and Match Mama said...

This post should have been titled "What's in my pockets?". I laughed so hard at your opening paragraphs because in all seriousness, it always throws me when I see you with a purse...because it's just so unnatural. Ha! :)

Narci said...

I am laughing so hard at this. Whenever I do see you with a purse, it's always darling! My purse contents look just about the same, so you are in good company. ;)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Please don't let this be the last What's In Your Bag post. This one was way too entertaining! ;)

McFarland Family said...

Love it!!How do you not loose or leave your wallet keys and phone everywhere?

brianna said...

This is so me too! I always have my wallet keys and phone. I find a purse is just one more thing for me to remember and I do well to remember my wallet most days ;)

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

This post cracks me up! No wallet. No phone. No keys. No SUNGLASSES. Seriously, I cannot live with out having my sunbird at all times. But you are ready for a church craft hotwheel emergency!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

SarahN said...

I'm laughing so hard because this is totally me! To the point where now my 14 y old daughter is nervous when we go to the store that I didn't being my wallet. Could it be we've left food at the drive thru because I didn't have my money? I will never officially admit tot that Lol
I hate bags and purses. Glad to see I'm not alone!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Haha... I feel like I'm lay without my purse!

Mollie said...

I'm dying! Haha! My first thought was "where is her wallet". Too funny! I just bought this super cute Tory Burch wallet/purse thing for Christmas. It is literally a wallet that has a cross body strap on it. You can remove the strap and throw it in a larger purse or just carry with the strap. Maybe you should get one too! I love it!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-harper-pebbled-leather-wallet-crossbody-bag/4418088?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=WALLIS%20BLUE

Ashley Van Dam said...

I am the same way! I got a card pocket that sticks to the back of my phone so my debit card and license go in there and I grab my keys and go.
Lord help me though if I ever need a health card, credit card or gift card! I never have them on me....

This is not to say I dont have 1,000 purses. I do. I just dont use them. Too much work.

Laci Murray said...

Oh MY!!! You crack me up. Unfortunately I LOVE PURSES!!!! I love a clean purse and a clean car.....it's my jam!! I feel so "off" if I leave with just my cell and keys.

Tara Usher said...

I am cracking up at this post! I usually carry a wallet but the pile of trash/crayons/random cars is right on point. Love this.

www.mommyinanutshell.com

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Haha, Erika you crack me up!! I always think it would be nice to not carry a purse but then I would all of a sudden need my checkbook, lip gloss, and how would I carry my glasses and sunglasses lol?! My purse gets messy like that at least once a week so I make myself clean it out every Sunday night. It's a running joke between my husband and I how bad mine gets. I think you may have the right idea not carrying one because when I do all my stuff and all the stuff he wants to take too end up in my purse and make it messy! I just did a vlog on what's in my bag for fall/winter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09nS00DRd8

Karen At Home said...

LOL! I love seeing what other Mom's have in their bag. You are not alone in the kids trash department, I always seem to accumulate that sort of thing. Tis the season as a Mama, right? BTW, love the Kate Spade!

Life with Team Morris said...

Funny! I always carry a purse but half the time mine looks like yours, full of stuff I don't really need to be carrying around. Hahaha

Laurel said...

I'm the same way, no purse for me! l like your posts lately, but I miss the fun day to day posts about the kiddos! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I've been a slacker on pictures of the kiddos lately. Don't worry! A post is coming soon.

The Zick Family said...

This is me! My husband gets annoyed because I have 800 bags that I "sometimes" use. I switch from a diaper bag, work bag, crossbody bag, tote, etc so my staples are my keys, wallet & phone & I often only carry those.

Mrs W said...

I wish I could trust myself to not lose my phone and not have to carry my purse around!! Most of the time it's filled with kid stuff and trash too so I'm trying to downsize my purse as much as possible to only have to carry the essentials. Kudos to you for not losing stuff like I would!! :)

Whitney Pegram said...

This is TOO funny!!!

Ann Marie said...

Mine is a MESS! It looks about like yours but with my Erin Condren Daytimer- that thing goes with me everywhere! :)

Christina Douglas said...

I love your honesty-I consistently grab only my wallet to do store runs whenever possible because...freedom! No back and shoulder discomfort and no cart with a tote in it I need to eagle-eye at all times:) Also I love your chic Kate Spade tote for grown-up moments. There's nothing like a classic tote that's beautiful...if you must carry one, that's a winner. I'm looking forward to the first own your crazy in 2017!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Girl you crack me up! And I'm the exact opposite... I carry everything but the kitchen sink in my giant bag!

Megan said...

This is great!!! I saw the title and was like bag!?? No way!!!

Lisa said...

Erika, I seriously had to chuckle when I saw down in that big ol' bag and you had next to nothing in it...HILARIOUS. Oh how I wish that was me. My husband refers to my purse as my "brick"😜