Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Favorites

Whew!  With Valentine's Day in the middle of the week, this week has felt like a long one.  I'm glad to see Friday.  Like every Friday, I'm joining Andrea and Narci to share my favorites.  :)

I have a bit of our everyday life for you...
Friday, the ladies in our neighborhood brunched.  I loved seeing women of all ages chatting it up.  While we brunched, these two boys played their hearts out.

The big kids had their school dance on Friday night.  We bumped into this sweet guy.  He and Nix are both in first grade and his family is new to our neighborhood.  It's been fun getting to know them.


And these little brothers are the same age as well.


The only picture I took on Friday night.  #pleasecallmeforphotos #hahaha


Saturday morning basketball games came early.  Both kiddos played and we celebrated the last games of the season.  Both teams made huge strides this year!

Then Tab and I took this cutie out for a date night.  As the middle, sometimes it's hard to get alone time with Mom and Dad.  We let Nixon choose where we ate dinner....Chick-Fil-A was his pick.  

Then we headed to the theater to watch A Dog's Purpose.  A great night with my favorite six-year-old.


Sunday night, Ebby Lee and I got ready for her party.  We realized we had a few extra goodies so we headed over to deliver some treats to the cute girlies next door.  They just happened to be mid-bedtime routine.  We messed it all up, interrupted their quiet time, and left them all calm and settled I'm sure. #winkwink

Don't they look all tired and settled?  hahaha!


I saw this quote this week and couldn't love it more.  I try my best to keep this spot as authentic as possible but super upbeat at the same time.  Who has time to read a bunch of waaaahhh?  I find that as I get older this-authenticity-is something I look for even more than before in friendships.  We're all looking for real people who are fine with sharing their good, bad, and ugly with us.  Because we all have the ugly.  ;)

On Valentine's Day, these two love bugs set off for school.


My special valentine filled up my car with gas.  That's true love.  It was cold AND raining.


And when he got in from work, he made the gravy.  #allthehearteyesfortheoneinplaid


Worst picture ever...but we had the best night.  We ate dinner in the dining room, lit the candles, and all went around to say the things we love about each other.  


Shay and I need to make a little change to our Workin' It Wednesday calendar.   We're going to be changing the March 8th:  Balancing Work and Home Life to March 1st.  We want you guys to have plenty of notice so you can change your calendars as well.  Thanks so much for being flexible!





And if you have any questions, please send them my way.  I have an upcoming post with some Q and A.  You can comment on this post or e-mail me at alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com.


On Monday, I shared some tips I use to keep the house running smoothly and you guys left some great info in the comments regarding what our kiddos can be doing at home.  Check it out if you haven't seen those.  Great stuff.  Thank you for all your suggestions!





I hope you have a great weekend!  XO

17 comments:

Leslie said...

I am SO sad that the black Free People top is sold out. Great favorites! Have a good weekend!

www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

A Gal Named Al said...

Love that you had a date night with your middle guy! We are planning on doing separate date nights for each of our kids this year, too. It's good for everyone. Thanks for hosting, and happy weekend! :)

Angela Ellingson said...

Your couple of #photofails made me LOL, but that basketball picture of Nixon is so good! I love that he got some two-on-one time with you guys. I'm going to add that to my list for my own kiddos. So special!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

True love means filling up your gas tank. Why is such a simple task such a chore?? Way to go Tab!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

There are so many things I love in this post! However, I think the quote and the gravy probably tie for my favorite ;).

Talley Family said...

I love Brene Brown! Her book ITought it was Just me is one of my favorites!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Putting gas in my car? Um, HUGE TURN ON. :)

Narci Dreffs said...

Aw! Such a great post, friend! I love your Valentine's celebration! Sounds just about perfect! :) happy Friday!!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Isn't it fun the things that spell romance to us now? I don't remember the last time I had to fill my car with gas - Matt just does it. #hotstuff Cleaning the dishes or bathing the kids? #sosexy. Forget roses and all of that. I guess I'm an acts of service girl? Haha. Happy Friday!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

I've shared that authenticity quote before! It's perfect, and it's my goal..to be authentic! :) happy weekend

Jenna L said...

I love that the ladies in your neighborhood had a brunch. What a great way to spend the morning! I also love that you were able to get some one on one time with your middle kid. Have a great weekend!

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

Love all of this and so glad I came across your blog! Hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend pretty lady! xo

Kara said...

Thank you for your authenticity. I love reading your blog because I feel like you "keep it real."
What did you think of A Dog's Purpose? From the previews, I felt like someone would have to hide all of the sharp objects in my house after watching it.

Mel said...

This may not be what you are thinking for a Q and A, but I would love any advice for a single gal in her twenties looking to meet someone. Any advice/ insight you could provide would be great! Have a great weekend!

Sheela Goh said...

Taking your middle child out for a date? So very sweet :) we had that same concern when our two families came together. Suddenly Gabriel went from the youngest, the baby to the middle child, and it was tough on him. We made extra efforts to be sure he didn't feel left out. With all three actually but yes, the middle child is always neither here nor there :) xoxo

Jenny said...

What a sweet husband you have! It's the little things that really make a difference. And I love the quote you posted... so true!

Erin Roberts said...

I love that outfit from Wednesday! Also, could those paintings be any cutter?! Have a wonderful weekend! http://theeverydayevents.blogspot.com/