Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Favorites

Hey, Hey, Ladies!  I'm not sure about you guys but we have only ONE MORE WEEK until Spring Break.  To say my people are ready, would be an understatement.  Kicking off this Friday, I'm sharing my favorites with my blogger and real-life friends, Narci and Andrea.  I hope you join us!

Just like every other Friday, I'm sharing a HOT RANDOM MESS of goodies...

A sweet reader e-mailed me this one day this week and I couldn't agree more.  Those five seconds are glorious. 



I'm a few episodes behind, but according to FB this week's This Is Us episode was brutal.  It was bringing everyone to tears!  Needless to say, this graphic made me LOL!



Talk about a view!  One day this week, this was my lunch time view.  :)

Does this happen to anyone else??  Because it happens to me A LOT!  #imguilty

Do you guys remember my BRIGHT IDEA post a couple weeks ago?  The plan was to match up ladies struggling with infertility who'd like someone to talk to, someone to encourage, and just know they're not alone in the trenches of this journey.  You guys!  I got a ton of e-mails from women who said over and over again..."I talk to my husband and my mom but I'd love a new friend to talk to".  I sent out e-mails this week and I got the best responses.  I got one e-mail that had me in tears.  Seriously, in tears!  I called Tab immediately to read him the e-mail and I cried THE ENTIRE TIME!   With that said, I got a couple e-mails after I'd already matched the majority of girls.  If you'd like to participate, please e-mail me ASAP alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com and I'll get a match for you.  Thank you!!  And a huge thank you for all the ladies who are participating.  I'm praying God will work through these new friendships and bring you lots of encouragement throughout this journey.


I just finished Bread and Wine (so good...highly recommend it) and towards the end there is a chapter called, "Swimsuit, Ready or Not".  It might have been my favorite chapter of the entire book.  I contemplated putting the entire chapter here in this post but that's probably against the law AND it would have taken forever for me to type that out.  But it had me thinking about our Tuesday Talk.  Lots of you guys shared your swimsuit struggles...long torso, short torso, bigger thighs, extra weight in the middle.  I have them too.  We all have them.  Shauna talks about how shame makes us think about our area (or areas) we're trying to hide at the pool instead of being present and just having a good time.  (She also makes a reference to what we wear at the pool being able to fit in a plastic bag!)  Anyway, you should really check out the book AND check out Tuesday's post because lots of you recommended places you like to shop for suits in the comments.



And on Monday, I answered questions readers have been sending in over the last month.  If you have a question you'd like me to answer in my next Q and A post, just send me an e-mail at alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!  XO


20 comments:

Stephanie Spring said...

Bread and Wine is one my of my favorite books! Good choice! ;)

My Boy Mom Blog said...

This is Us...oh man! My husband threatened to disconnect our satellite because I was such a mess after..he said tv was nothing to be that upset about haha! Randall is now my favorite.

A Gal Named Al said...

Amen to an empty laundry basket! Thanks for hosting!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so glad you read Bread & Wine :). And the infertility emails are blessing more people than you know!!

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

Laughing so hard at that Jack Pearson graphic!! I was just talking to someone about how he is the perfect husband haha! Based on what next week's episode looks like, I'm really nervous, and I don't want the show writers to make me think bad of Jack! Literally the best show ever!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Narci Dreffs said...

The lettuce meme made me laugh so hard! Guilty here, too! Happy Friday!! Xo

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

That is so neat about the ladies that you've matched up! I love that you had that idea and the heart for these women! And YES to the lettuce. All the dang time.

Raven said...

I sent that Jack graphic earlier this week to my sister and my husband saw it and was like 'seriously?!' Hahaha!

Beau Dyer said...

Yes to the lettuce! Love the Jack graphic!!! Quick question: Do you have any books you love that focus on parenting? Books you may refer back to again for certain things? Have a great weekend!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

Yes on the lettuce!! I also tend to buy zucchini and squash once a month with all the best intentions and then toss it once it starts LEAKING from the bag. Happy Friday!!

Sandra Litcher said...

Oh my, the Jack graphic cracked me up!! So true. Even my mom called me a few weeks back and said she wanted to marry Jack! Going to add Bread & Wine to my list. Have a great weekend!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

This family of 5 has an empty laundry basket for all of 5 seconds maybe! #thestruggleisreal

Lacy Byrd said...

Erika!
I went to Steamboat CO skiing last week and the whole time, all I could think about was your blog about your time in Park City! Oh gosh- I am not going to the winter Olympics in skiing anytime soon. That was torture!! So glad I could sympathize with you! Haha

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I loved This Is Us at the beginning but now I'm 10 episodes behind because at the end of every evening, I'm just not in the mood for tear fest. My DVR just keeps filling up.

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Elizabeth Valdez said...

This Is Us is my FAVORITE show right now. Best emotional roller coaster ever ;). XOXO!!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I missed this week's This Is Us, but Jack really does make a lot of husbands/dads look bad. haha He's just the sweetest! I love how he is with his kids especially.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

Olivia at Joyfully Prudent said...

The lettuce...every time. I think that's a great thing you've set up with the infertility and hooking up people to talk to about it. :)

Sarah Bell said...

The lettuce bag quote is SO me!!! I wish it weren't but most weeks it goes unused and yet I still buy more...haha! Happy Weekend :)

Sarah
Trendy & Tidy

Jennifer said...

I am soooooo ready to catch back up on "This is Us." We sold our house and have been in a furnished apartment but without the ability to record anything. We are several episodes behind and I'm avoiding any and all fb posts about the show so that nothing gets spoiled for me. Such a great show!

www.mom2hudsonandcooper.blogspot.com

Angela Ellingson said...

That This is Us graphic is great! Awww Jack, love him so! The whole show is just the best! And I loved Bread & Wine. Reading Present Over Perfect now.