Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Show and Tell-Most Embarrassing Moment


Happy Show and Tell Tuesday!

I'm joining my girl, Andrea, to share my most embarrassing moment!!  EEK!  I have to be honest.  I'm kind of the queen of embarrassing moments.  I could write a book.  A long book. #notproudofthat #butiembraceit

I shared this most embarrassing story years ago with you and thankfully, it still rings true as THE MOST EMBARRASSING!!  Just for the record, I hope I never top this!

"When Ebby Lee was three months old, Tab and I flew to Missouri so she could meet all her Missouri family for the first time.  We had lots of visits with family.  It was SO much fun introducing them to Miss Ebby Lee.  She was the first great-grandchild in the family and homegirl got LOTS of attention!  

My parents had invited my high school volleyball coach and his family and my high school cheerleading sponsor and her family all over to visit.  We were having a great time.  I was playing with Ebby Lee on the floor (on my parents light grey carpet) when I realized mother nature had kicked back in after having a baby.  (Girls....do you know what I'm saying?!!!)  But it was a little too late if you get my drift.  Oh My Goodness!!!  Everyone acted like they didn't notice, but I know they did.  How mortifying!!!"

Isn't that AWFUL?!!

*****

I missed chatting with you about kids' parties a couple weeks ago so today you're getting a double dose of Show and Tell Tuesday.

Here's a little recap of Slaughter-kid parties...

When Bowen turned four, we had a dinosaur party at the local Play Street Museum.

Ebby Lee turned seven and we celebrated our artsy girl with a painting party!

Ebby Lee partied hard when she turned six with a Fancy Nancy themed party.

We celebrated Ebby Lee turning five with a painting party-pottery style.

When Bowen turned one, this mama kept it simple with a little firetruck party at the mall.

Nixon turned three and we celebrated with a dog party-totally his style.  {And apparently, I posted the world's smallest photos.}

We partied hard when Ebby Lee turned three with dress up clothes, make-up, and nail polish!

We had a big combo Easter birthday party in 2012.  Nixon happened to be scared of the party entertainment.

Ebby Lee turned two and Nixon turned one, so we had a combo Lumberjack and Jill birthday full of plaid and bbq.

We celebrated Ebby Lee turning one with all things candy!

*A few of those years Nixon requested a day trip to the zoo or bowling with a few friends instead of a big party.

Thanks so much for hosting, Andrea!

I'm recapping part of our Spring Break trip tomorrow.  See you then!  XOXO

11 comments:

Leslie said...

So glad you're back regularly! I didn't know what to do with my extra morning time!

Www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I'm glad I was t the only one sharing a monthly visitor story this morning! Soooo embarrassing!

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

You win. ;)

Narci said...

Oh gosh! That story still makes me laugh! So embarrassing! Walking down memory lane for your sweet kiddos parties was so fun! You've thrown some great parties!!

Elizabeth Oliveto said...

CAn't wait to see what ya'll did for spring break!
Xo, Elizabeth
http://stripesandsolitaires.com

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I was going to say "YOU WIN" too! Because you do. FOREVER.

A Gal Named Al said...

OH NO! I have second hand embarrassment from that story! You poor thing! Glad you lived to tell it!

Jenny said...

Oh my word... I can only imagine how embarrassed you were.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I honestly thought I had the most embarrassing moment. . But you win !

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

I would say that ranks pretty high. EEEKS!!

Perfectly Port said...

Oh my goodness...this happened to me at a family breakfast at MY INLAWS. I seriously wanted to die...it was the icing on an already tumultuous cake - ha! Girl I feel you! I am so glad I am not alone, I seriously have anxiety now that it will happen again :(. xoxo ERIN