Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tuesday Talk-Vacations

Hey!  Hey!  It's time for another Tuesday Talk.  Once a month, Fancy Ashley and I host a link-up where we invite you to join us by sharing pretty much anything you want to chat about.  We hope you'll join us!

My crew and I are in McKinney, Texas, a suburb just north of Dallas and I'm not sure where you are or what your weather situation is like but Texas is CONFUSED!  We're having summer-like temperatures in MARCH!  The kiddos and I walked to the park on Sunday and I got a SUN BURN!  In March! All that to say, this warm weather has me daydreaming about vacations and days spent by the pool.

Yes, please.  :)

Mamas with littles...I remember the days.

I wanna chat (and I'd LOVE for you to comment with yours) VACATIONS...where you've been, favorite vacations, where you're planning on going next.  Hopefully, it'll give some last minute planners an idea for the summer and it'll help the rest of us add some destinations to our MUST- VISIT list.

Over Spring Break this year, we hit up Vail, Colorado, for a few days of skiing.  Our kiddos had never been.  We had no clue what to expect-my mom anxiety was expecting them to all ski off the mountain accidentally.  #iwassonervous  But it was a blast!  We left the mountains with nothing but smiles, they loved it, and we can't wait to make another trip.  I was told over and over again how amazing Vail is in the summer so don't count it out for a summer vacation.

We spent the first three days of Spring Break in a fancy hotel suite (courtesy of a fellow employee/friend) seeing the sights and sounds of Denver, Colorado.  There was lots to see and do.  You could always couple this with a trip to the mountains (like we did) to do a little city sightseeing as well.

Earlier this year, we traveled to Park City, Utah, with the Shulls for an adults-only getaway.  The guys hit the slopes while the girls "spaa-ed" and we never had to leave dinner to take someone else to the restroom.  WAHOO!  Our kids would have loved this town as well.  I'm not sure who wouldn't love Park City?!

Tab and I headed to Jacksonville, Florida, for the Tax Slayer Bowl on New Year's Eve.  Since Jacksonville is right on the water, I wish we would have had some warmer weather so we could have taken in the beach during our visit.

In the fall, the whole family packed up and made the trip to New York City.  We toured the city, hit up an Army/Air Force football game, and loved every minute of it.

Last summer right before school started we made a little road trip to San Antonio.  The pictures says "San Antonio", but it should say, "J W Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort".  We checked in to that resort and didn't leave until it was time to come home.  #notevenonce

Our summer vacation last year was to the gorgeous beaches of MEXICO.  The crew and I headed south for a week of fun in the sun-resort style.  Definitely recommend this for a family vacation.

Last year I also took my maiden trip to New York City.  Shay had a little appointment one morning-(totally being sarcastic)-the TODAY show!  We toured our way through the city, enjoyed countless meals, and saw some amazing shows.

Tab and I got to head to Deer Valley, Utah, for an amazing little getaway.  I had all kinds of first time skier thoughts I shared.  This area is gorgeous!

Last Spring Beak, we had a magical adventure on a Disney cruise.  This vacation was so much fun...amazing food, great entertainment, awesome day time activities, and everything was family friendly.  I shared it all here...

We traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, right after Christmas in 2015.  We took a bus tour of celebrity homes, hit up Broadway, and watched the Music City Bowl in freezing temperatures.  We loved Nashville!

One of our favorite places is the Gulf Coast of Florida.  We've spent many summer vacations enjoying all those beach towns have to offer.  Our last Destin, Florida, trip was in 2015.  I have no doubt we'll plan another Florida vacation trip sometime in the future.

This was just a little look over the last couple years.  When Bowen turned three and we weren't packing ALL THE BABY THINGS every time we left our house traveling with our kiddos got so much easier.  I remember packing a HIGH CHAIR for our beach vacation one year.  A HIGH CHAIR!  Now as long as they have an I-Pad for their flight...they are good.

A Few Reveiws...

Best Family Vacation-
Disney Cruise-There's so much to see and do!  Disney does an amazing job of packing a relaxing beach vacation into the magic of Disney with a Disney cruise.  I highly recommend this if you haven't gone yet.

 Disney World-There's nothing like the magic you experience at Disney World.  Right?  Especially through your kiddos' eyes.  We went when Bowen was little so our plan is to go back soon.

Mexico-I love a beach vacation.  Well, let me say I love a beach vacation with an amazing pool and comfy chairs. :) Mexico delivered in this department.  There was lots to do every day at the resort.  We left one day to hit up the water park (AMAZING). Highly recommend this if you've done Disney and are looking for something a little different.

*I wanted to say skiing here too, but then I realized I would have been listing EVERYTHING in the BEST category. :)

Best Road Trip-{Depends on where you live}
Colorado-We flew because we had limited days due to Spring Break but there are so many cute mountain towns in Colorado, which is a great road trippin' distance away from Texas.  I've heard these towns offer GREAT things in the summer as well.

San Antonio-We NEVER left the resort.  Did you hear that?  haha!  If you're taking a trip to San Antonio, I highly recommend the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort.  Water slides, lazy rivers, pools, and restaurants...you'll never want to leave.

Nashville-was one of our favorites.  We loved this city.  There was so much to do!  We could have used a couple more days.

I mentioned yesterday that I'm a travel agent over at Mix and Match Travel.  Right now we're busy sending families on Disney cruises, to Disney World, Caribbean cruises, Alaskan cruises, and Hawaiian cruises.  If you're hoping to take one of those trips soon and would love some help, please reach out to us at mixandmatchtravelagency@yahoo.com.  We love sending families on amazing vacations.  And we have a few new things we're hoping to roll out in the next couple months so stay tuned!

Now it's your turn...PLEASE SHARE your favorite place or places to vacation!  What's on your MUST-VISIT list?  I can't wait to read through and get some ideas.  Happy Tuesday, Guys!  XO

24 comments:

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

We leave for San Antonio bright and early tomorrow morning. We love a good beach vacation but there is so much more of the world to see. Our goal is to hit all fifty states before all of the kids are grown :)

http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love the diversity of these destinations (beach, ski, city and cruise!). My family would say the Disney Cruise was the best vacation they've ever been on. I'm pretty sure my kids would love it if we moved on board permanently :).

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

I have always vacationed on Lake Michigan with my family and it is just the best! A week of relaxing in a cottage together, long days on the beach and yummy dinners out with ice cream stops. And all the sunsets! Park City is also super neat in the summer, too. Such gorgeous weather. Another vacation that stands out is a trip out to Washington - we drove from Illinois and stopped at all the sights (Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Yellowstone...) - the perfect road trip vacation!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

What a fun walk down memory lane!!!! Y'all have been on lots of great vacations!

KB said...

Waiting for summer vacation for a trip to Cape Cod. I recommend it! Great beaches everywhere and so much history. There is plenty to do! My kids love it!

Sandra Litcher said...

I love that you said Disney cruise as the best family vacation! I am so excited to start planning!

Narci said...

So many fun vacations! I'm making my list of places to visit right now!

Julie Connelly said...

Well my kids & I were born to live on the beach, so our FAV vacations have been the 2 to Florida along the gulf :) Two years ago we went to Disney; while we did love it, we were on a tight schedule so we weren't able to do as much as we would have liked. We're hoping to go back in the next few years!! Another place we've been, but would love to go back is Myrtle Beach. We went for my cousin's wedding & made a vacation out of it, but my kids were so young we didn't do much besides hanging out on the beach. It would be so much fun to go now that our kids are older & would enjoy going and doing stuff. This summer we're going to Wisconsin Dells. I know it's not the beach (BOO!!), but there will still be lots of swimming & F-U-N!! :)

Kasey said...

Where is this summer's vacation?

Heather Bramlett said...

Awesome recommendations!!
We are going to NewSmyrna beach in Florida next month and Cinnamon Beach in May. supposedly the sand is cinnamon color! We shall see!
We hope to take the kids to DC in October!

Elizabeth Connolly said...

I absolute must visit vacation spot would definitely be Hawaii! Went there last summer on our honeymoon and stayed at the Grand Wailea and Maui, and let me tell you that is a family oriented spot x10000000!! It has 9 pools (slides, lazy river, beach activities, etc) and so many activities for kids. My husband and I are used to staying at family oriented resorts, so we really didn't mind all the young families and kids there :) I have literally been dying to go back since the exact moment that we left. Hawaii is heaven. This year we are headed on a 5 day vacation to West Palm Beach, Florida for some sunshine and then off to Scotland for two full weeks. I cant wait! If you're looking for some other good family oriented spots in Florida, we always vacationed at Marriott Harbor Beach in Ft. Lauderdale. I love it!

Sara said...

I have a "just turned three" year old little girl. We have been crazy enough to take her to Disney with family and Denver to visit my best friend. We also spend every spring break with family at a cabin in Beavers Bend, OK. BUT in just a few short weeks we are trying our first roadtrip; just the three of us. We are heading from Fort Worth to Branson, MO. Please send me all the prayers for a successful (and sleepy!) eight hours!

And I LOVE all your trip reviews! You give me lots of ideas!

Claire Melzer said...

Our most recent trip was to Colorado Springs last fall and it was absolutely beautiful in September! Perfect weather, highly recommend visiting this time of year.
I'm currently planning a trip to Disney World this summer for my bachelorette party because I love Disney!
One of my favorite vacations ever was a Disney Cruise too! It was about 9 years ago for my 8th grade graduation but it still is up there with best vacation ever for all ages!
My family visits Sarasota, FL every year to go to our condo on Siesta Key which is the number one beach in America! It is seriously the best and the area is great! If you have never been you should plan that as your next Florida trip!

TSB said...

I live in the Bay Area now, but my husband and I both grew up in Colorado. Summer in Colorado is the absolute best! It's so beautiful! I highly recommend a summertime visit!

I agree with you about the Gulf Coast of Florida. The beaches are incredible! My husband went to FSU for grad school and our oldest son was born in Tallahasse. We would go to Destin quite often when we lived in North Florida. Being from CO, we just couldn't get over the gorgeous white sand and blue, blue water. Fun place to vacation for sure!

Liz said...

Wow! You guys take a lot of amazing vacations! What wonderful memories to have! Can you share the name of the resort where you stayed in Mexico? We are thinking of a tropical family vacation for winter break next year. Thanks!

Td said...

We have a house in Dennisport! Love the Cape!

Unknown said...

Erika- If you love the gulf coast of Florida you should look into Sanibel Island, Florida. It's approx. 30-45 minutes from the airport in Fort Myers if I had to guess. It is such a quaint island and I'd love to tell your more about it if you and your family are ever interested in visiting. My husband introduced me to this island shortly after we met and we visit it every year.

Megan Albano said...

You need to add New England to your list! Boston, the coast of Maine (Bar Harbor!), the Lakes region & White Mountains of NH, Newport RI, Nantucket, Vermont in the fall....I could go on and on. It's a beautiful region with tons of history and lots to do!

Alyssa Lamphear said...

Martha's Vineyard is must visit! Everything about that place just makes my heart happy! Also outer banks North Carolina is a MUST!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

We take a trip to Panama City Beach, FL every single summer and we never tire of it. The beaches are stunning and there's a lot to do there with kids. We love it! We also go to the mountains in north GA every fall to pick apples and see the leaves turn colors. Hubs and I also love NYC, Ojai CA, and VEGAS! If you haven't been to Vegas, do yourself a favor and GO! Without kids! It's SO much fun! Hubs and I used to go every single year before we had kids... we went 8 years in a row and never tired of it. Lol.

Laura Kruger said...

Wow! SO many fantastic vacations! We are headed to Nashville this summer for a vacation and I'm so excited!

Susan Williams said...

I haven't been to every major US city, but of the ones I've been to San Francisco is a great one to visit!! It's got a lot going for it: beautiful, city stuff, woods stuff, the coast, Napa is beautiful, sports stuff, of course alcatraz and the list goes on and on!

Kimberly Kwan said...

Vail over the summer is amazing. Best trip I ever took.

Mandi0280 said...

LOVE Nashville! We go there all the time because we are about 2 hours from there! We also go to Gatlinburg a lot because MOUNTAINS! I need new places to go, although Tennessee is great We need to venture out. I've never been on a cruise so that might be our next adventure �� I love seeing all the trips your family takes.