Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What's Up Wednesday




 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!

What we're eating this week:

Monday:  Cobb Salads...first time I tried this.  I had lettuce, hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, tomatoes, shredded chicken, and avocado-everyone could make their own salad.  It was a success!

Tuesday:  Baked ziti and salad

Wednesday:  Southwestern Bowls...tonight I'm turning the kitchen into Chipotle, Freebird's, Nom Nom's, or any other burrito bowl location.  I'm seasoning some chicken and having black beans, corn, avocado, monterey jack cheese, rice, salsa, and anything else I can think of to add.  We're creating our own burrito bowls.

Thursday:  Salmon with rice and veggies.

Friday:  We'll go out!



What I'm Reminiscing About:
I cannot believe Birthday Month (April in our house) is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!  Ebby Lee will be 8 and Nixon turns 7.  How did that happen?



What I'm Loving:
All the baseball!  I love spring evenings at the ball field.




What We've Been Up To:
I shared our weekend full of fun, family, and Joanna Gaines on Monday.  Not really Joanna, but that sounded better than "fun, family, and shopping".  ;)



What I'm Dreading:
SPRING CLEANING!  Ugh.  Every drawer and closet needs to be cleaned out and organized.  Is that gonna happen in the next month?  Absolutely not, but I hope to get started.



What I'm Working On:
Sending families like the Dreffs on magical vacations.  Narci and her crew spent four nights on a Disney cruise and then followed it up with a trip to Disney World.  If you've been thinking about a Disney World, cruise, or Mexico vacation, please e-mail us mixandmatchtravelagency@yahoo.com.  We love helping families and we'd love to help you!



What I'm Excited About:
Date night this weekend with this guy!



What I'm watching/reading:
I'm in the middle of reading this one and so far it's really good.  Has anyone read it?


And lately, I've been watching a lot of little boys play baseball.  :)  That's pretty much all I've been watching.



What I'm Listening To:
Yes, yes...still on repeat.



What I'm Wearing:
Lots of jeans (a couple years old), tees, and flats around here lately.  



What I'm Doing This Weekend:
 Lots of baseball watching and then a date night to one of my favorite places!



What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
*Celebrating Easter
*Ebby Lee turning 8
*Nixon turning 7
*A little road trip


Hope you ladies have a great Wednesday!  XOXO

18 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hahahaha! I feel like I'm watching Trolls on repeat at my house too! And the Shull kids love it when it's birthday month for the Slaughter kids!

Whitney Pegram said...

We love birthdays around here! And that tee you are wearing looks so comfy! Who doesn't love a good tee?!? Happy Wednesday, girl!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Your outfit yesterday was so simple, but so cute!

Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams said...

I may be biased but April is the best month for birthdays ;-) I can't wait to read your review on Everything I Never Told You, I have had that on my reading list. Now I want a burrito bowl for lunch lol :-)
xo
Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

Love your meals for the week - so fun to have build it yourself meals with all the fixings!

Katie said...

Erika- how do you prepare your salmon?

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!!! Don't we all?! Birthdays! Birthdays! Birthdays!

That tee is so comfy!

And I just add a little mix of random seasonings and bake it. For some strange reason, all three of my kids will EAT salmon. :)

Narci Dreffs said...

You were so cute in that outfit yesterday! Precious! Also, we had the best time on our Disney Vacation!! What a blast--thank you so much for planning it so perfectly!!!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

We have Sing on repeat here, and my 4-year old is determined to be Ash, ALL THE TIME! She did say that I could be Rosita thoigh, so that's a major win, right!? Old Navy has some cute 'boyfriend' tees right now that I just ordered.

Jenna L said...

Trolls has been on repeat at our house. I want to see Sing and think that will be perfect for a movie night this weekend. I love making dinners like the burrito bowls and the salads for dinner. Everyone gets exactly what they want and the kids even eat their veggies this way. Have a great day!

Seeking Sandy said...

I am one of those Disney vacations! I am so excited to surprise the kids! I read the book Everything I Never told you a couple of weeks ago. I read it so fast because I so badly wanted to know what happened, I couldn't put it down! I love a book that gets me intrigued first thing!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

Mason is pumped for Nixon's birthday!!! I've got to start thinking about Mason's (and Craig's!). And I love the assemble it yourself thing you've got going on this week in the kitchen! I may have to try that!!

That Inspired Chick

Alexis deZayas said...

Is that white tee see through? If not, I need to order it asap!!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

I have a long list of spring cleaning to do as well. Hoping to tackle a little bit each week! Can't wait to see how you all celebrate those birthdays!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

We still haven't seen TRolls! I guess we need to get on it! I've heard nothing but great things!

Perfectly Port said...

My kids love any food they can make themselves, which is why I think Mexican is always a hit. We should try the burrito bowls. We are a little behind on baseball up north but that will be my life VERY shortly! xoxo ERIN

Hardlyagoddess said...

Super fun post! I love the Trolls music and the book by Celeste Ng was totally good and deep and I loved it. Looks like you had a lot of fun with all your goings-on!

Heather Lockhart said...

I LOVED "Everything I Never Told You." So many tears. Couldn't put it down!