Monday, April 3, 2017

It's APRIL!

Hey, Hey Everyone!

Can you believe it's...

Katy...I'm feeling the EXACT same way!

April 3rd means two things...
#1 Happy 88th Birthday to my Grandpa!!!  This guys turns 88 years old today.  If you see him out and about today, please wish him a very happy birthday (and give him a big hug from me)!  Happy Birthday, Grandpa Hency!  We hope you have the best day!  We love you so much!  XO 

He's the guy Bowen gets that middle name (Hency) from.  :)

#2 We have just 13 days until Easter.  It's time to get your Easter dress shoppin' ON!

I have a fun dress post planned later this month.  Tab and I have an out-of-town wedding and I have some dress options I'd love for you to help me with, but for now...let's talk Easter dresses.  

I ordered several and let me tell you-some didn't make the blog post cut.  These were my favorites from the dresses I ordered.  Let me remind you I'm by no means a fashion blogger.  I like to think of myself as a mom blogger who enjoys sharing some fashion finds with you, but when you see my pics and random things in the backgrounds of photos you'll understand. :)

This shift dress arrived and I loved it so much I wore it to church yesterday.  It's just easy.  I added a fun necklace and some leopard heels.  It's plenty long and with the sleeve-definitely church appropriate.  I'll wear it with wedges this summer and a jacket with booties in the fall.

And this pictures makes you wonder why I'm not a photographer.  Right?  Because the lighting and everything is just so good. (TOTALLY BEING SARCASTIC!)

I ordered this dress from Anthropologie and now it's on MAJOR SALE!!  I'm normally a small in pretty much everything, but I could probably wear this in an extra-small.  With that said, I kind of like the flow-y look so I'll probably keep it this way.  The colors are gorgeous AND it has pockets!  If you're a girl who likes all her people to coordinate on Easter, this is a GREAT option because there are SO many pretty colors.

See what I mean about the colors?  Gorgeous!  And you're welcome-my eyes were mid-blink and you didn't want to see that.  hahaha!  This dress is one you can dress up or dress down...to church on Easter Sunday and dinner out at the beach this summer.  I'm a big fan.

This ruffle bell sleeve dress would be darling if you're shorter than 5'6".  I'm showing my hand so you can see where it hit me on the side.  The sides go up a little bit so the middle front and back are longer.  Again, this is so cute but just a little too short for me. (Considering we're talking Easter dresses here.)


Pretty, pretty sleeves though!

This Lily Pulitzer shift dress screams "SPRING" to me!  The colors (I forgot to get a better picture) are vibrant and really pretty.  Perfect for Easter.

Hard to tell from the picture, but this dress is navy and white.  I'm a big fan of this fit-and-flare style...fitted at the top and flares out a bit at the bottom.  And another dress with pockets!

This floral dress is my FAVORITE!  Spoiler alert...this is my Easter dress. ;)  I love the floral pattern, the sleeves, the length...love it all.

And Ebby Lee in the background proves my point...mom blogger not a fashion blogger.

So you can see the colors. :)

Like I said earlier, our "dress talk" for the month isn't over.  :)  I have several options that are more "wedding" looking and I'd love your help weighing in.  I'll be sharing those soon.  

But today, I hope I helped a few of you who have been on the hunt for an Easter dress.  Happy Monday, Ladies!  XO

31 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

The blue dress was really pretty at church yesterday!!!

Emily said...

Stripes, please!!!!! Fit and flare looks GREAT on you!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

That yellow dress looks so great on you!!! And I'm pretty sure I just ordered the navy and white striped one. Good finds, girl!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

That blue shift dress is so cute - love the necklace you paired with it, too!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Pretty dresses! Love the sleeves on that pink one! And your Easter dress was definitely my favorite.

brookerichardson said...

My vote is the pink bell sleeve dress but they are all stunning on you!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

Love all the dresses, but that LP is #SpringPerfection! Happy Monday

Narci Dreffs said...

All of these are darling! I love the shift on you! And, Lily Pulitzer just makes me happy! Good finds, friend!!

Kelly said...

That yellow dress is my Easter dress! It is so comfy and will be perfect when it is 852 degrees in the summer!!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

You make them all look good! I wish I had the legs for those cute dresses! Love the one you picked for your easter dress!

That Inspired Chick

Kara said...

Love all the dresses.

Thanks for being real with the posts...they make me smile. Look forward to your blog each day.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Oh before I even a scrolled to see the comment.. I thought yes that's my favorite ( your easter dress)it was perfect !!!

Darcy Sexson said...

The yellow dress, and the one you picked for Easter are SO pretty! And they all look great on you - thanks for sharing these picks!

KB said...

Beautiful dresses. How about ideas for Easter baskets!

live compassionately said...

You are beautiful and I LOVE your Easter dress!

Dana said...

What if you have a momma pooch? Which dress would you think would hide it the best. It is hard to tell because you are super fit :) Thanks

sonicgal said...

Adorable! What is your height and weight 😉?
For sizing info

Morgan said...

Gah. I just have to say I about burst into tears seeing the photo of your grandpa and Bowen. Made me miss my grandpas something fierce. Seriously, I had to close my office door at work and have myself a moment. Happy birthday to him!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I LOVE the dress you picked for Easter... you look like a watercolor painting!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm about 5'7" and 125 pounds...if that helps?

I'd definitely recommend the fit and flare dress if you're worried about anything. It's form fitting where it needs to be and flowy where it doesn't. :)

Laura said...

That floral dress is so pretty! I need to purchase that--I think it would look so cute paired with my denim jacket and some wedges!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love these options! Perfect Easter pick! Off to scope that one and the striped one out!!

Sally Ratcliff said...

Your Easter dress is my favorite...hands down!! They all look great on you though. I did love the pink one. Simple and very pretty.

Wendy said...

You look beautiful in all the dresses! I love your Easter dress. What size did you order (it says the regular sizes run large)?

Erika Slaughter said...

I ordered a 2 and it was perfect. I'm usually a 2-4 just depending on the fit.

Allison said...

How would you say the LP dress fits? Pretty true to size?

Erika Slaughter said...

I'd say true to size but on the smaller side. If you're in between-I'd order up.

Wendy said...

Thank you! All that was left was a 4 and a 6P so I ordered both! Hoping one works.

Perfectly Port said...

They are all so cute - loving the bright colors but that blush one with the bell sleeves is darling! My kids are always crashing my photos too!!! Xoxo Erin

KW0410 said...

Oh gosh! Fresh pjs every night?? We wear ours for two nights and if we are in a place on vacation that we can do laundry, I just pack two pairs for each person and wash them!
I am glad you asked about the off the shoulder tops and cold-shoulder tops! I don't like them at all!! They seem to be a younger style to me.. like for older teens and early twenties? I cannot get into them.

Megan said...

Love your easter dress!!!! And the striped one on you! Too cute!