Tuesday, April 4, 2017

It's Me Again!

I feel like periodically I need to do a little introduction (a re-introduction for those of you who are veterans) of who I am and how this little blog came to be.  I know there are many new faces from time-to-time so I'd thought I'd share a little bit of me today and introduce myself...

 Hi!  I'm Erika...

I grew up in a super small country town in Missouri -12 people in my graduating class kind of small.  :)  After high school, I went to Arkansas State University where I met my husband, Tab.  We got married in 2005 and moved to Dallas for Tab's job.  I began my teaching career soon after-teaching third grade.  We bought our first home in the suburbs of McKinney, joined a church here, and started this blog. At the time we had several friends who had started blogging-just family-type blogs to keep family and friends up to date on their lives.  I started this way back then and what was once a lot of pictures of our kids has now turned into a place where I share "A Little Bit of Everything".  

Definitely the condensed version, but we don't have all day.  Right?

After teaching a few years we (finally) became pregnant with our oldest, Ebby Lee.  My role shifted from a teacher working full-time outside the home to stay-at-home mom.


Soon after we welcomed baby boy, Nixon Talbot, to the family.  My days were full of diapers, sippy cups, and baby food.  But know that I'd go right back-if I was given the chance.  You wouldn't even have to ask twice.  :)

A few years later, Bowen Hency joined our party of five.

 Tab has changed jobs a few times.  He's a commercial insurance consultant by day (or maybe I should say by week) and every weekend in the fall you can find him officiating a college football game.  He's one of the guys in the stripes.

Not only does he work hard for our family, but he's an awesome husband and dad.  I always joke about him being the fun one.  He brings the party to our family.  We're so thankful he's ours.

 I'm a mom who enjoys making special memories with her kids (who doesn't?) whether it be a two-hand touch football game in the front yard or a week long family beach vacation.  
 I'm a girls-girl.  I'm a predictable -shopping, manicure-loving, book reading girl.  I love my girlfriends, treasure their friendships, and am thankful to do life with some amazing ladies.

 With the two big kids in school now, my role has shifted again...I'm still a stay-at-home mom but I'm also a blogger and a travel agent over at Mix and Match Travel.  My afternoons and early mornings are spent talking to clients, working on vacations, and writing blog posts.

 Tab and I try our best daily to point our kids to Jesus, to teach them about how it looks to walk with him, and to show them what being the hands and feet of Jesus look like.  Do we mess up?  Absolutely!  But the next day we wake up and try again.  :)

 This little space is a place we can all come and (hopefully) learn from each other, have a great time, and be real.  I might not let my crazy hang out all the time.  What's that quote about tucking your crazy back in?  I try to keep mine tucked in rather neatly but sometimes it shows and that's okay-because I'm sure we can all relate.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell-or a blog post.  :)

If you have a question, please shoot me an e-mail alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com.  I try to periodically do a "Q and A" post, and I'm always taking questions.

Hope you guys have a great Tuesday!  XO

16 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Ah! I love that you did this post!! Everyone should know more about Erika :).

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

What a fun post! I obviously know all this, but it sure was fun to read. I think you summed yourself up perfectly!!!

Joe and Britt Hensley said...

I tell my 4-year old yo tuck her crazy back in, and she often responds with 'I get it from my mama!' Oops #mybad! I love this little blogging community, and I learn so much for you ladies!! Happy Tuesday.

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahaha!!! Hilarious, Britt!

Narci Dreffs said...

Oh, I love this! I'm with Sheaffer--I knew all of this already, but it was still so fun to read...and just as sweet/fun as you are in real life. Xo

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing! You and your family are adorable!

Whitney Pegram said...

Love this! And the "sword fighting" picture is so sweet. A picture y'all will love forever, I'm sure!!

Melanie Smith said...

I don't even try to tuck my crazy in; it's out for everyone to see! Ha!

brookerichardson said...

12 people in your graduating class??? I did not know they even had classes that small. Lol!!!!! I thought mine was small with like 248. Anyways so glad we crossed paths and are friends!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!!! So small. Right? I'm so thankful for you and your friendship. XO

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

One of the sweetest! So happy to know you and your whole family!! xoxo

That Inspired Chick

Michelle said...

I had 12 in my graduating class too!! I'm from a small town in Missouri too but north of KC. People always can't believe I had that many in my class lol. There was preschool through seniors in the whole school, one class for each grade.

Perfectly Port said...

Love this post! I was a first grade teacher turned stay at home mom and my husband refs high school football in the fall (not collegiate but he loves it)! I love following along with you! Xoxo Erin

Leslie said...

I never knew that you were a teacher! Glad to learn something new!

Penny Struebig said...

Love Nixon's middle name. Talbot is my maiden name and my son's middle name as well.

Ann Marie said...

Loved catching up on my favorite blogs today!! Love this post! So much fun looking at all of these sweet pictures from your past!