Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday Favorites

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Today is bittersweet for us here in McKinney....the last official day of summer.  We're saying goodbye to late bedtimes, no schedules, way too much screen time, and wet swimsuits, but with the beginning of a new school year comes excitement, routines, and adventure.  So we're feeling ALL THE EMOTIONS over here today.  And we're doing our very best to enjoy every single moment.

I've teamed up with Narci and Andrea to bring you FRIDAY FAVORITES again today.  Every Friday we host a link-up inviting other bloggers to join us.  Simply grab our graphic, link back to us, and add your blog to the line-up (at the bottom of the post).  If you missed it this week, please join us next Friday!

I have a random group of FAVORITES for you this week...

First up, are FALL CLOTHES from Nordstrom.  Nordstrom reached out to ask me to talk about some transitional fall pieces and I found some new FAVORITES just for you.  :)  I know I've said this before but the online ordering at Nordstrom with free shipping and free returns makes my life so much easier.  

The first department I scanned was the shoe department and you know what I saw?  

-A LOT OF MULES-

I wasn't sure I was gonna be a fan and then I spotted these beauties...
 Aren't these shoes CUTE?!  They're a GREAT price point, are a perfect transitional shoe, AND come in six different colors.

Then I went down an entire mule rabbit hole and I have several other options to show you.  Stay tuned...

A look at the entire outfit...peplum sweatshirt (so comfy), jeans (I LOVED the bottom of the these jeans but they were almost too short on me.  I'm about 5'7"/5'6" and they were on the verge.  Under 5'6" ladies, these are your jeans!), and mules.

And a close up of the shirt...it's a short sleeve peplum top made out of sweatshirt material.  You can dress it up or dress it down and the entire time no one will know you feel like you're wearing pj's.

I switched out the jeans and mules to give you a different look.  These jeans have a frayed hem...and make me think of college football.  If your team is maroon, you need these!

I LOVED the sleeves on this top.  It was on the verge of being too short (I have a long torso) but I'll add a little cami underneath and no one will even know.  I was also a big fan of the cuffed jeans for fall AND check out the mules in the mustard!

I'm telling you...the sleeves are CUTE!  This top comes in six colors.

 Mustard is often a tough color for me to wear so I love that I can add a pop of mustard with these shoes!

Same jeans, same shoes, new top (comes in a TON of colors)...I'm such a fan of those peplum tops at the moment.  This top would be adorable with white jeans right now or paired with denim and mustard in the fall.

 This outfit was built around these mules...top, cuffed jeans, and the cutest mules.  I'd say they're more of a burnt orange shade-Texas fans-THESE are your shoes!  They have fur on the inside and were crazy comfy.  If you're in between sizes, I'd recommend sizing up-because of the fur.

 You know how someone will say a word too many times and then it sounds weird?  Well, I feel like that word today would be MULE!  hahaha!  Here's a closer look at all the MULES I ordered to show you (except I realize now I forgot to take an alone picture of the Toms' mules-oops!  #bloggerfail).
Toms Mules (If you prefer a heeled mule)

Yesterday, I showered and a few other items arrived at the door.  I was hurrying to put them on and Britt woke up from her nap.  She's hanging in that pink car-that's why it's scooted right beside the mirror.  :)

This is something I would wear to run errands, to volunteer at the kids' school, or to meet friends for dinner. 


This top screamed, "FALL", to me!?  Do you hear it too?  I paired it with those same distressed jeans and the mules.


I hope you guys found a little fall inspiration.  Now I hope you can get the word MULE out of your head today.  :)  #goodluck

A big THANK YOU to Nordstrom for sponsoring this portion of the post.

You can shop all the items I shared below...


***************

 This Sunday we'll be welcoming our new lead pastor at church.  I feel like there's such a big wave of excitement throughout our church family, which is awesome.  I'm looking forward to Launch Sunday (a FAVORITE of mine)-this Sunday-which is when kiddos are promoted to the next grade level class and the new year (at church) begins.  If you're local and are looking for a church home, please come visit us this Sunday.  You can see service times here.

***************

If you missed my last little summer getaway post on Wednesday, you can check it out here.  We joined the Shulls at the JW Marriott resort in San Antonio and had a BLAST!  A FAVORITE week of my summer, for sure!

***************

Any other wives feeling the same way?  This is our last weekend before football season officially begins in our house.  Last year the kids and I went to four games (not all kids attended each one) but the season flew by because we were with Tab so often.  This year with Britt I'm thinking we won't be attending as many.  We'll see how it goes!


***************

After church on Sunday I wanted to grab a picture of my new jumpsuit for you.  I wore it with my denim jacket at church but the second we were in the car I shed it.  It was CRAZY HOT here last week.  Who knew I'd be such a fan of a jump suit?  But I love it!  I plan on pairing it with my jacket (like I did this week) or a cardigan and the colors will carry me through fall.  A new FAVORITE!


Nixon decided to join the picture and the girls went CRAZY!  

Whew!  That was  LOT of Friday FAVORITES!  If you made it to the end, THANK YOU for reading.  :)

We're gonna enjoy every minute this weekend.  Hope you do too.  XO


31 comments:

Fabulousandfunlife said...

I'm loving all the bell sleeves on your tops and those mustard mules are such a perfect pop of colour!

Narci said...

Oh, I love all those tops for Fall! And those mustard mules are darling!!

Sabrina said...

Oh my gosh I love all of your fall picks!!!! I am so glad you showed us the mules on you! I was kind of on the fence about them but seeing them on someone definitely proved they are a must have!! I'm off to shop! Eeks! So excited!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! I was digging all the tops too. And surprised myself by loving the mustard mules! :) Happy Friday!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

That jumpsuit is just so cute on you! And I love your Nordstrom finds. I am a little hesitant about the mule trend, but I think you have convinced me I at least need to try them on! Hope you all enjoy your last weekend of summer!

Erika Slaughter said...

I was on the fence too and ordered just to check them out. Those B. P. pairs (grey and mustard) are my favorites!

Mix and Match Mama said...

That picture of you with your girls is ADORABLE! I was going to comment on a lot of other things, but then when I saw that picture, I forgot the rest. Just so cute!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

That jumpsuit is awesome on you! And I loved your point about having the pop of mustard on your feet!

Shelly @ The Queen in Between said...

I totally received that floral peplum yesterday and I'm so sad because it is adorable but not on me! I'm short waisted and no bueno when the ruffle hits at the widest part of your body..boo. That jumpsuit is too cute! It's our last weekend before school starts too and I'm celebrating....ready to be back on a schedule with my crew. Happy Friday Erika!

Karen said...

Your new lead pastor is amazing, wise, and a gifted teacher...your church is beyond blessed to have Sam lead and teach...we are praying for Sam and his family this weekend!

Alexis deZayas said...

I think you just converted me into a mule lover?! Going to check them out now!

Shelbee On The Edge said...

Oh my, you left me in a shoe swoon! All those pretty mules! The bow ones are spectacular. And I love the mustard, too. I can't wear that color easily either so I love when I find a great accessory in mustard. And all of your outfits are fantastic, too. You have fabulous style! Thanks for the fun link up every week!
Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Good Better Best Food said...

I am actually really glad that mules are back in style. Both the flat and heeled version are some of my favorite style of shoes.

We also have a new pastor at our church and we attended the installation Mass on Tuesday night. It was wonderful to be part of this event.

Good luck with the beginning of school!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Those mustard mules need to be in my closet! Great post! Hope you can stop by our Style Wise Link Up on Fridays! Peace!
Cheryl
http://www.northwestmountainliving.com

Katy Tarbutton said...

Oh my goodness!!! I need all those shirts! I love the picture with you, Britt and EB...Britt has the best smile!!!! :)

Jenny said...

School starts Monday for us too, and we aren't ready! I'm thinking I need to decorate our house all Fall like, to help get us in the mood.

Kate L. said...

The mustard mules, the mustard top, and that jumpsuit! All so fabulous! Have a great last weekend of the summer!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

It sounds like an exciting time in your church! I am going to check out some of those tops now :) Happy Friday!!

Ann Marie said...

Erika! Those sleeves on those shirts! LOVE! I bought a similar white top the other day and can't wait to wear it!! Such precious outfits!

Ann Marie said...

Okay~! My computers is being crazy! Not sure if my last comment was able to post! BUT, I love all your outfits!! SO CUTE!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

I definitely need that brown top!!! I'll make sure to text you before though if I'm wearing it somewhere I'll see you. ;) That color is so perfect for fall! See you tonight!!

That Inspired Chick

Four Points Mom said...

Love the ruffle top! Enjoy your last day of summer! We have a few more days here ... hanging on to every moment!

www.fourpointsmom.com

mandabee said...

Cannot get enough of peplum tops!

Heidi said...

I love that top that "screams falls"! Ha! So cute. And you have me considering mules...I haven't owned a pair in ages!
www.heidiwanderstheworld.com

Perfectly Port said...

Love all those mules...especially the mustard ones!

Kasey Holloway said...

So now I have about five new pairs of shoes I need to buy! Lol Your style is so great! Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia Brewer said...

My husband was singing "it's the most wonderful time of the year" (the Christmas song) - about college football yesterday at the top of his lungs. I had to give him a hard time - that song is about Christmas - you know because celebrating Jesus should be the most wonderful time of the year. My hubby is a pastor so of course he says - hey, I celebrate Jesus every day.


Good luck with the football season - I'll be a single parent every Saturday while my hubby and his dad go to Norman with their season passes.

p.s. love your shoes:)

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Adorable outfits! And those pictures with your sweet girls...precious!

Lindsay Wagner said...

Oh my goodness, you're getting Sam Holm!!! We are at PCBC, and we have loved having him pastor us! He and his wife (and girls) are absolutely precious, and I was SO sad to see them go. So excited for what your church has in store. Sam is amazing!!!

AC 1492 said...

What shoes are in the pic with the jumpsuit?! Love that style, and now jumping over to check out the mules! Ah all the shoes!!! :)