Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

First and foremost I want to begin today by sharing this post by my girlfriend, Meagan.  Meagan lives in Houston, is part of the Houston Moms' Blog group, and she's written a post about all the ways others can help Houston-both near and far.  My heart is going out to all those affected by Harvey.  The pictures and videos are devastating.  I'll continue to be praying for everyone affected, but also wanted to pass on ways to help.



 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!


What we're eating this week:

Monday: Roasted Florentine Meatballs with pasta, green beans, and a salad were what was for dinner.  With some major dessert because #thefirstdayofschool.  :) 

Tuesday:  We had brisket with smashed potatoes in the slow cooker.  There's something about having dinner in the slow cooker on the first day of school...I feel like Wonder Woman.  haha!

Our refrigerator is stocked with leftovers for the week.  So my people should be fed.  :)  Today is Britt's surgery on her cleft palate.  Please say a prayer for her.  I've heard the recovery is awful, but I know in a few months we'll be so glad this is behind us.




What I'm Reminiscing About:

This moment and just how far we've come.  Britt is definitely quiet and reserved in social settings but the more she's around people, the more she begins to let them in.  At home she is loud, full of life, and isn't afraid to let us know what she's thinking.  It does my mama heart good to know she must feel so safe and loved at home in order for her to let us see all that.  We've come such a long way.  I've heard surgeries are good for bonding (not that anyone would have a surgery to help bonding but you know what I mean) but there's a part of me that's so nervous this will set us back.  I'm thinking about just how far we've become.  God is good.




What I'm Loving:

As sad as I am to see summer go, I LOVE the structure and schedule a new school year brings.  Along with cooler temperatures, ALL THE FALL candles, fall recipes, fall clothes...you get the idea.  :)




What We've Been Up To:

We squeezed the very last bits of fun out of summer by hitting up the water park on Friday.




What I'm Dreading:

I'm dreading the next couple recovery weeks.




What I'm Working On:

I shared this last month and we're still waiting on the dresser to arrive.  Hopefully, this month we'll be able to completely check the girls' room off our list.




What I'm Excited About:

Did you see my girl, Shay, on QVC?  She did a FANTASTIC JOB!  I would have been breathing into a paper bag, wearing a turtleneck to cover my hives, all while trying to spit out the names of recipes but she was a PRO!  So proud of her!  If you didn't order on QVC you can pre-order the new Simmers cookbook here!  Mine arrived last week and it is FABULOUS!.  Shay's recipes are my FAVORITES!




What I'm watching/reading:

WAHOO!!!  ALL THE BIG BROTHER!

I can't stop with this show.  It gets pretty difficult to keep up with once the school year begins, but have no fear...I'll figure out a way.  ;)


I'm currently reading...
Amazon recommended this one and the verdict is still out.  Has anyone read this?



What I'm Listening To:

All the country music...I've been in a country mood over here.
  



What I'm Wearing:

I shared my love of MULES just last week.  And I also highlighted a few fall transitional pieces. 

This was what I wore to church on Sunday (minus my wedges).  I bought this floral dress from Anthropologie back in the spring, but they have a wide selection (some on major sale) of floral dresses and jump suits available.




What I'm Doing This Weekend:

This made me LAUGH!!!  It's kind of my life!  haha!
 Nixon is going to go to Tab's game with him this weekend.  The other three kiddos and I will be hanging out while taking care of Britt and her recovery.



What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:

Fall.
Need I say more?


See you on Friday for Friday Favorites!

23 comments:

ReachingBeyondMediocrity said...

Prayers for Sweet Britt! I hope her surgery goes smoothly and she knows even more how much you all love her when she comes out as when she went in!

Jessica Strickland said...

Praying for Britt and all of you today!

Elspeth Mizner said...

Praying for Britt today that her surgery goes well! And praying for her mama too!!

Narci said...

Praying for Britt's surgery today and the recovery. Xo

Mix and Match Mama said...

Sweet Britt has been on my heart all morning, and so have YOU! Praying big time for all of you today and the weeks to come. Love you!

Regine Karpel said...

Praying for you and those affected by Harvey.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Seeing Britt become more comfortable with everybody has been so sweet to watch. Love that girl and am praying so hard today for all of you.

Elaine Welte said...

Prayers that her surgery and recovery will go well! And I love your yellow dress!

Kristina Briggeman said...

Are you allowed to share each week what games Tab is officiating? We watch a whole lot of college football and I'd love to watch for him!

The White Family said...

Praying for Britt today. Surgery and recovery was hard for our Paxton. Let me know if you need liquid and soft food suggestions!! Praying!

mandabee said...

Praying for your sweet girl! I hope her recovery speeds by!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Thank you SO much for posting our link on how people can help Hurricane Harvey relief. So appreciative. And girl, so many prayers being lifted up for Britt today. Hang in there - seeing your child have surgery is one of the most difficult things but you guys will get through it. Big hugs.

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

Praying for y'all today, sweet friend!!! Please let us know if you need anything!!

That Inspired Chick

Heidi said...

Praying for Britt and her surgery! I hope it all goes smoothly!

Kristin said...

Praying for you and your sweet girl! My son had his cleft plate repaired 5 yrs ago and the recovery really does fly by! You've got this mama!

Laci Murray said...

Prayers for Britt and Mama!!

Laura @ Laura Likes Design said...

Ah! I just love all of the outfits that you post! So cute and stylish!

Stephanie said...

Praying for your sweet girl.

ViewBrett said...

hugs mama, i hear you on the surgery and bonding....our youngest had his surgery at 3 months old and for those moments the time stood still and we were forced to bond and lean on each other and enjoy the alone time with the little one. prayers for sweet Britt and the whole fam

Kelly said...

Praying for sweet Britt that her surgery will go smoothly and praying for you, too, Mama!

Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost said...

Yay Fall! Prayers that Britt's surgery and recovery go as smooth as possible :)

Perfectly Port said...

I hope Britt's surgery went well and she recovers well! We are in the crazy of football season over here too!!!! Xoxo Erin

Le Ann said...

How is Britt doing? I'm praying!!!