Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday-What's Inside My Bag


Hey Ladies!

This feels so strange.  Blogging on a Tuesday?!

I've been missing Andrea's Show and Tell Tuesday link-up so I thought I'd do my best to participate this week.  Today, we're chatting about, "What's In My Bag?".  You guys know I'm the world's worst about carrying a bag.  I've spent so many years carrying diaper bags or backpacks that I just got used to throwing keys, my phone, and a debit card in my pocket (or whatever I can find) and calling it a day.  Now is this a great plan?  Absolutely not!  Tab would love to chime in and tell you about ALL the debit cards I've lost or misplaced over the years because of my brilliant no bag plan.  :)

I'm was really trying to do better.  I was doing pretty well for a bit, but now I'm carrying around a little backpack for Britt.  So I'm back to square one.  haha!

Back in the summer, we had a little girl's dinner out and Andrea was channeling her inner-Erika when it came to the bag situation.  I took a picture because THAT is ME!  And when this post was being written, I remembered the picture.  :)

But to go along with the topic, I'll show you what my bag looks like right now.  Granted I probably haven't carried this bag in several weeks.  
What a mess!

What's Inside My Bag...
#1-ONE earring.  I loved those gold earrings and somehow I lost one in my purse.  My handbag and dryer have the same magical powers.  ;)
#2-100 Calorie Pack of Cheese Nips...you never know when you might need a snack.
#3-Pencils
#4-One lonely dollar
#5-A small hand cream and a tube of lip gloss
#6-Random trash that needs to be thrown away
#7-A Notepad for random to-dos that pop in my head.
#8-Ponytail holder-I never leave home without one.
#9-Hand Sanitizer
#10-The lid to Britt's old bottles.  After this surgery, she's DONE with bottles so this is now trash as well.
#11-A huge stack of Top Golf cards from Nixon's birthday party.
#12-Trash-I didn't even know this was in there and when I turned it over this stuff slid out.

There you have it...what's inside my bag at the moment.

I remember from the last time we shared this same topic, some of you completely "get" me and others think I'm crazy.   I have no doubts...I'll eventually be an everyday purse carrier.  I'm just not there yet.  ;)

Hope you guys have a great day!  XO

Come back tomorrow for a new Workin' It post...
We're sharing how we transition our wardrobes from summer to fall.  You should join us!

14 comments:

Narci said...

One of my favorite things to do with you is to watch you pay at a store. One moment, you are just standing there, and then all of a sudden a wallet, your phone, and your keys all come out of nowhere and are on the counter. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Were you holding them in your hands the whole time or were they in your pockets? It's like a magician's act! ;) I'm always impressed!

My bag was a hot sweaty mess this time so I have no room to judge! Maybe I should be doing the same so my bag doesn't get so messy while we are running around town!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha!!! Narci, this made me laugh! A magician. I like it. ;)

mandabee said...

Haha my purse also has several pieces of random trash!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Sometimes the inside of my bag is pristine! Everything has it's place and it's all sorts of tidy. Other times, I'd be embarrassed to open it. And my wallet? I always stick receipts in my wallet, even if it's just from the grocery store. I clean it out every couple of weeks, but if you catch me right before clean out, it's shameful.

Mix and Match Mama said...

You make me laugh all the time about your "bag". I love how you'll show up at the mall for a day of shopping with just your ATM card in your pocket ;) .

Erika Slaughter said...

Shay...a debit card at the mall IS the ONLY thing I need. hahahaha!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I feel like this is a sign of an uber confident woman. No need to be prepared for any what-ifs. Just debit card and go. Ha!
http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Julia Sullivan said...

I have always been a "bag" person. Now with a 5 month old I'm carrying a diaper bag and really don't want 2 bags. I used this as a great excuse to buy a pretty Kate spade wallet/wristlet that also has a phone pocket. I just throw it in the diaper bag or grab it when I'm without baby!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I am a bag girl. . I never leave my house without it. But my friend is the same, just grabs her debit card and that's it. .. what. . How. . It's scares me lol

Kimberly said...

I feel you! If I go anywhere by myself I just grab my phone (which holds my driver's license and credit card), my keys, and my sunglasses. One day I'll go back to having an actual purse. For now it just adds one more bags to the hundreds of bags we have (diaper bag, baby's daycare bag, 4 yr old's school bag, my work bag, a bag we have that holds material for a class we teacher, swim bag....). SO MANY BAGS!

Francesca said...

Can you please link to that black Kate Spade bag?! I LOVE it!! It's exactly what I've been looking for but have yet to find!!

Perfectly Port said...

I love seeing what others carry around. I just have a tote for both of us because otherwise momma would forget the diapers ๐Ÿ˜‚

I Like Ike said...

100% with you here! My debit card is usually tucked in a pocket somewhere... good thing the washing machine doesn't destroy it. Ha!

Laura Fuller said...

Wait a minute. No wallet?? Where do you keep your insurance cards, grocery store discount cards, etc...