Wednesday, September 6, 2017

We're Talking Leopard and Loafers

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Nordstrom reached out a few weeks ago and asked me to talk about some fall clothing and shoe options.  I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to share with you, but I have to tell you I got a little inspiration from these shoes for this post...
Aren't these new Sam Edelman loafers CUTE?!  I was in Nordstrom (alone-WAHOO, just browsing the store...it was fabulous) for a super quick trip last week and these babies caught my eye from afar.  There was no turning back.  I'm telling you-it was love at first sight.

Let me give you a little Erika loafer back story...we've already discussed how I'm from a really small town in Missouri, right?  Just in case you didn't know I graduated with twelve people.  Actually make that eleven others, counting me it was twelve.  :)  That means our school didn't really have a "middle school" or "junior high".  It was broken into the elementary (kindergarten through sixth grade) and then high school (seventh grade through twelfth grade).  Trust me as seventh graders we still felt like awkward middle schoolers, but it just meant we were in the hallways with the cute-out-of-acne-phase juniors and seniors.  Know what I mean?  We shared hallways, locker rooms, and our lunch time with the upper class men.  I remember being in seventh grade, which if my awkward years were competing seventh grade and sixth grade would probably be a huge tie, and seeing two really cute sophomore girls wearing penny loafers.  I was in love.  But I was torn between thinking I was just too young and knowing nothing I wore would look cute with those shoes.  So I kept my love of a loafer deep down in my heart.  (Tosh, I'm looking at you...I remember your super cute, fabulous penny loafers. ;))

Fast forward to me walking through Nordstrom last week when I spot none other than a LEOPARD LOAFER!  YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Loafers are BACK AND I'm old enough this time around.  haha!

So I immediately grabbed a pair in my size!  And decided I'd show you a few fall outfit ideas to pair with these fabulous loafers.  Knowing everyone has their own opinions and preferred price points, I grabbed a pair of super reasonably priced leopard flats as well.  (I'll also share a couple other leopard shoe options.)


 First up is this turtleneck with super thin sleeves so it won't be too hot paired with the cuffed jeans, and ballet flats (if you're in between sizes I'd size down) on left with loafers on right.  No matter your preference, the leopard just adds a fun pop of color.

 Fall screams, "PLAID!!!", to me so I had to include a plaid shirt, the cuffed jeans, loafers on left, and ballet flats on right.  When the weather gets cooler, I'd switch out the loafers or flats for some booties and would good to go until spring.

{Please ignore the wrinkles...there was a sleeping baby in the room with the iron when I was taking these pictures.}  I grabbed this fall top with fun sleeves, with the cuffed jeans, loafers on left, and flats on the right.

In case those shoes aren't your jam, here are a few other leopard options...




What do you think?  Are you a loafer fan?  Do you prefer a ballet flat?  Do you have a favorite look?  I wish I could go back and tell my seventh grade self-one day all your loafer dreams will come true.  :)

Thank you for stopping by today and a big thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.

You can shop all the items above from the graphic below...




Have a GREAT day!  XO

17 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

You had me at leopard!!! Such cute flats!!! So, so, so cute!

Four Points Mom said...

You crack me up! I'm not a huge loafer fan but I'm loving the ballet flats. Super cute!

www.fourpointsmom.com

Nikki Lehman said...

Those loafers are so cute! I may not have been a loafer person before, but you sold me!

Kathy Olson said...

You look cute in everything!
Hope you and your little girl are doing well after surgery.

Narci said...

Oh, those loafers are darling!!! So cute, girl!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

You make everything look good!! So cute!

That Inspired Chick

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I was going to say the same!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Oh I love a good leopard print. It really makes me laugh when you describe your high school because that's EXACTLY the same as where I live now and where my kids are. 12 yo 15 in a graduating class. Kinder to grade l2 all in the same tiny school lol

Laura @ Laura Likes Design said...

I love adding leopard accessories to my outfits!

mandabee said...

I love leopard shoes but have never felt confident enough to wear them!

nene P said...

I saw the cutest girl in NYC about -0 yrs ago with skinny pants and loafers. I came home and pulled out my old penny loafers and love loafers ever since!

Jenny said...

I love the ballet flats....so cute!!

Michelle said...

My school was just the same. And I had 12 in my class too!! 11 plus me :)

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I love the ballet flats! I think ballet flats will always have my heart. I remember when older girls had the Sam & Libby ones when I was little. I always wanted some!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Those leopard flats are on their way to me! They are supposed to arrive today, and I can't wait to see if they are as comfy as my other Sam Edelman leopard flats!!!! SO CUTE!

Lisa C said...

I like loafers but I'm really liking all of the mules this year. So many gorgeous brocade prints.

Katherine Darlington said...

Saw this and thought of you!
https://www.facebook.com/JohnTesh/posts/10155300445172713