Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Favorites

Hi!  Hi!  Hi!

Hello Weekend!

I'm joining my girls, Andrea and Narci, to share some of my Friday Favorites.

First up, I've told you guys I haven't been reading books lately.  I packed EIGHT books for China and read not even one of them.  I've been slacking in this department.  It's been a while since I've done a book review post, but I've been keeping notes on my phone (SINCE THE SPRING) and to be honest I've reached the point where I don't remember much about any of these.  Instead of giving them their own post, I thought I'd pack them inside a Friday Favorites' post and if a book REALLY stood out, I'll be sure to let you know.

I remember really liking the story, but because of all the different names it was a little hard for me to follow.


I had pegged this book as something completely different based on the cover, so I was pleasantly surprised about this one.  I was a fan!


LOVED IT!  This book helped me organize, purge, and give me house a good spring cleaning!


LOVED this one!  Full blown chick-lit and it was so good!


This one was all about Nia Vardalos' journey to adoption and motherhood.


I love a creepy book and this one did not disappoint.


In the creepy department, this one deserves a 10 on the scale....so scary!  I was haunted after reading it!  haha!  I'm not even kidding.


You know those book lists on Pinterest that say things like, "The 25 Books You'll Never Be Able to Put Down" or something similar?  Well, I got sucked into one of those lists and ordered several books including this one.  The romantic story line was so good, but the magic and witches part of the story was not my jam.  This is the first book in a series and I'll be passing on book number two.

***************

We must chat Big Brother.  I know lots of you are fans.  I'll try to keep it short and sweet but WHAT WERE YOUR THOUGHTS?!

These were mine (I'm writing this on Thursday so I've only watched one episode.)...
*I was giddy all day Wednesday.  WHAT is wrong with me?!  hahaha!
*I love a twist.  :)
*And instantly I want to be a Dominique (spelling??) because she loves Jesus.

***************

I put together a few little graphics with some goodies I've purchased over the last few months.






I shared my love of the Tucker + Tate line in this post and if you go there, lots of the kiddos' clothes are now marked down.  Some 40% off!  Or you can go here to see all the Tucker + Tate.  SO MANY MARKDOWNS!

***************

And because no Friday Favorites post would be complete without a picture of Miss Thing...
Here she is at the pool on Wednesday.  We were swimming and I got out for us to dry off....just a few minutes later she'd passed out.  She slept under the cabana for about an hour.  You better believe I told all my people we were staying put until that girl woke up.  I'm always holding a baby at the pool these days so I soaked up that hour!  Clearly, she was enjoying herself. And check out her TAN!

 #andourpoolneedsnewcushions

The boys did this for our extra pool bonus hours while I sat poolside with NOTHING in my hands but an iced tea.

I think that's all I have for today.  I hope you have the BEST weekend.  XO


15 comments:

Trista @ The Classy Chaos said...

An entire hour at the pool without holding a baby sounds amazing!! Good for you. And now I must go add these books to my kindle!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

1. Whooo hoo for BB!!! Posted my thoughts today. I was giddy all day Wednesday too so no judgment here! ;) I wanted to punch Josh in the throat though. He got way too aggressive and seems a little unstable for this early in the game. He's already yelling at people and crying. Hope he gets the boot quick!!

2. I blogged about your fringe earrings you wore to church Sunday (and to the game this week? Or did I make that up?) because I loved them!!!

3. I wasn't a fan of Crazy Rich Asians. It was good but not great for me. I couldn't keep up with who everyone was either and just kept waiting for something really interesting to happen and never felt like it did. Maybe the sequels get into that more?

Happy Friday!!

That Inspired Chick

Britt Hensley said...

I love Dominique too because she loves Jesus and Tennessee! She was working the orange & white Vols shirt! I was so excited about BB, and I think it'll be a great season.

Mix and Match Mama said...

Britt was so sweet sleeping at the pool!! What a precious girl she is :).

Bethany Parvin said...

I just started reading Crazy Rich Asians and I am honestly hoping it gets better..... I am also reading Humble Roots and loving it!

Regine Karpel said...

Have a blessed weekend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Total score on being hands free at the pool!!!!!! Missed our pool time with y'all this week. Looking forward to next week!

Narci Dreffs said...

Aw! Precious Britt! She is just a baby doll! What a sweetheart!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

Oh, sweet Britt!!! She's so stinking precious. Hope you 6 have a wonderful long weekend!

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

We got our final update on Collins before we travel to China. Now that we hav an idea I her size it's time to shop! I'll be checking out Tucker + Tate!
http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

B-Spontaneous said...

Sweet Sweet Britt. Nothing as precious as a baby sleeping :)
Have a great weekend!
https://b-spontaneous1.blogspot.co.za

Whitney Pegram said...

I can't stay enough good things about Unstuffed!! Incredible!

Olivia at Joyfully Prudent said...

I'm catching up on posts today :) Between Behind Closed Doors and Woman in Cabin 10, which would you recommend first? I like creepy/mystery too. We're going to Destin soon and I need a book. I usually don't read fiction books unless I'm on vacation, which only happens about once a year.

clatk said...

Oh man! I hated Behind Closed Doors. It was SOOOO disturbing.

Erika Slaughter said...

The Woman in Cabin 10...for sure!!!