Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Favorites

It's the WEEKEND!

Just like every Friday, I've teamed up with Narci and Andrea to bring you FRIDAY FAVORITES!  We'd love for you to join us.  Simply blog some favorites, grab our graphic, and add your blog to the link-up.  Easy Peasy!

First up this week is...
 These two.  Ebby Lee has been asking to go to work with Tab all summer long.  It was a last minute spur of the moment decision but on Tuesday this week she got to join him.  She packed a cardigan (because the office might be cold), wore a bun (because it looks professional), and took a coloring book (because she's 8).  She got to sit in on a meeting, make copies, and help with some filing.  She thought it was AWESOME!  This girl and her dad are my FAVORITES!

***************

On Wednesday, I shared What's Up around our house...spending extra time with these two girls is one of my FAVORITE things to do.


***************


I shared my favorite Nordstrom Sale picks for myself, but I got asked about the items I purchased for my kiddos.  To be honest, I didn't get my kids a lot from the sale.  My boys grow like weeds so I try to wait until it's actually pants' weather to buy them pants.  #highwaters  I did snag them some shoes though!


I can't say enough great things about Ugg boots.  I bought Ebby Lee a pair two years ago and she's worn them a ton for the last two years.  Definitely worth the price when you take into consideration how often she wears them.  And those booties above she will wear all fall/winter to church and any other dressy occasion.  She's a fan of a dress paired with a bootie.  For Bowen, I'm SO thankful for velcro.  :)  Velcro, Uggs, and booties are our FAVORITES.


***************


Horrible picture and our kitchen was a MESS but this week we had our tv cabinet/armoire/built-in (whatever you wanna call it) painted.  I wasn't prepared for the amount of plastic the painters used.  This was the view from the kitchen.

And this was the view from the hallway!

Blurry pic, but the gang's all here.  The painters ran out of paint so the crew and I got up early this week to head to the store the moment it opened.

This was a shot right after they were finished painting.  What do you think?  It was all a dark wood stain...almost the same as the floors and I just thought it was too much of the same thing.  I love it and think it gives our living room a bit of a new look.  I still want to do a couple things in here to change it up a bit.  I'll keep you posted.  (The color is Benjamin Moore Willow Creek.)  I think once we have all it styled it'll be a FAVORITE!

When Tab and I were first married, I set out to paint a small bathroom red.  I'm pretty sure red is just a tricky color to paint, but it looked AWFUL!  So awful in fact that Tab requested I never paint again.  haha!  It worked out great for me because he begs me not to paint walls and is always on board for a painter.


***************

And a big Happy Anniversary to this guy...we celebrate 12 years on Sunday.  We've talked about marriage before on the blog.  You can check out those posts here, here, and here.  He's my FAVORITE.

Hope you have a great weekend!  XO



23 comments:

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

The builtins look SO GOOD!! Love the color!! And Ebby Lee is just the cutest!! Missed you at the game last night! Happy Friday, friend!!

That Inspired Chick

Good Better Best Food said...

HA! We painted a small bathroom red year ago too and just had the bathroom re-done. Not sure I would ever do a room again again either.

Happy Anniversary!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Bethany Parvin said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Laura at Fantastically Four said...

Live the painted cabinets! The color is so pretty. Happy anniversary!😊

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

The print in the built-ins really updates the room! We recently ripped out similar ines in our basement and it feels like a whole new room.
http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Narci Dreffs said...

Happy Anniversary, you two!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I think that color is perfect for your family room! It totally lightened the whole space!

Meagan @ The Clanahan Fam said...

The built in looks GREAT!!! Brightens everything up. Happy early Anniversary - have a great weekend, girl!

Dustie Day said...

Love the color of the built in! Happy Anniversary! ;)

daniellem02 said...

Our downstairs powder room is dark red and I HATE it. We didn't paint it. It looks like blood. The only thing stopping me from painting it is that I know it will take about 500 coats of primer and I just don't have the energy haha. On a side note, I just discovered the shoe brand Jack and Lily through zulily and LOVE them. Just for Britt--they only go up to age 3. They are super cute, leather and really flexible. My daughter has narrow feet, and the adjustable strap makes it fit her, which is very rare.

The Nelson Nook said...

Love the new look of your painted Armoire !!! It looks fabulous :)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I love the gray color you chose for your tv cabinet! It will match your decor perfectly! And we celebrated our 3 year anniversary on Wednesday! Happy Anniversary to y'all!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes! I completely agree...it made the entire space look so much more updated. A big kitchen reno is on my list but not happening anytime soon and somehow this makes the whole big area look better. :) WAHOO for that!

Perfectly Port said...

How sweet Is Ebby Lee going to work with her dad. That's so cute. I once got to go with my dad and his white board and expo markers in his office were a favorite. He also had those Mr. Sketch markers in his drawer for when we came with him on the weekends. I buy them for my kids now for nostalgia sake! We LOVE Ugg boots and I totally agree. I even have been able to save a few pairs for my younger daughter to wear because they wear so well! xoxo ERIN

McFarland Family said...

Love love the built in! I too painted a WHOLE room red when we were first married to match some bedding we had when my husband went out of town....he was not nearly excited as I was.

Susan Shelton said...

Love the color and brightens up the space a lot. Years ago in our first house, my husband and I decided to paint the dining room dark burgundy. It looked great, but first my husband thought writing on the wall with the paint would be funny. Yeah, I don't remember how many coats later, but it took a lot to cover up his painting antics. Never again! :-)

Crystal said...

Erika❤️I loooove loooove looove that cabinet!!!!❤️❤️❤️I love how a little paint can totally change an area!❤️I am a crazy mama that loves interior design i think it is my therapy!!!❤️❤️❤️You go girl!!!...looove love looove it!!!❤️

Laura said...

Those built-ins look SO good -- I LOVE the gray!

Four Points Mom said...

Erika, I absolutely love your rug in your living room. Where did you get it? We have a similar color scheme in our living room (grays, light colors, navy). Fingers crossed it's still available somewhere!

Angelique at www.fourpointsmom.com

betterwithbeale.com said...

Happy anniversary! Love the built-ins and your daughter going to work is so sweet. My mom always told me, if you do anything with your kids let them go to work with you or your husband. She had such fond memories of going to work with her father.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

WOW!!!!! The built ins look AMAZING!!!!!!! Love the color and how it totally changes the look of the room!

Jacquelyn Knoch said...

We painted a room red once too, and it took five coats before we finally said "good enough"! Our 12 yr anniversary is also on Sunday, enjoy your weekend!

Laura said...

Can't wait to see how you decide to style your like-new cabinets!