Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!


What we're eating this week:


Monday:  Shay's Mexican Meatballs were on the menu for dinner.  My kiddos are big fans of meatballs and rice is everyone's favorite.

Tuesday: Ladies' Night...I'm going out for dinner with the girls so Tab and the kids had something easy.

Wednesday: Tonight for dinner we're having Cajun Shrimp Pasta.  It looks yummy!

Thursday:  Spinach Jack Tacos sound delicious and they're up tomorrow evening.

Friday:  We're going OUT!



What I'm Reminiscing About:

These two on the first day of second and first grade.  They've grown up so much this past year.  I know I say that ever year but becoming the big kids and getting a baby sister has upped their responsibility levels immensely!



What I'm Loving:

All the lazy days of summer...I love the slower pace of summer the late bedtimes, random dinners {am I the only one throwing random food at my family during dinner times?}, late wake-ups, and all the swim suits!  I love it all!


I'm loving all the smiles from this girl as well.


We've been playing lots of basketball in the evenings and this sweet thing goes crazy in her walker while we're outside.  Loving these summer nights!



What We've Been Up To:

Tab took the boys out of town for a few days last week, so it was just me and the girls.  Ebby Lee and I decided to make muffins for breakfast.  The chocolate on her nose wasn't staged.  Somehow it really happened.

 Saturday we had a little shopping to do and then we rounded out the evening with a fun dinner out.

The boys were out of town for about four days this week.  To be honest, they've never been gone that long so I missed them a ton!  It was so strange to just have the girls here.  I told Nix on the phone that I missed his face and his response was, "Mom, you're with me almost every hour of every day".  YES!  It definitely feels like that in certain moments but I think that's why I missed them so much!


We took some family photos with Narci.  I'm looking forward to sharing those with you!  Hoping we got some cute ones of this cutie smiling big.


And these two did some fort building, but it looks like it crashed during the night.  They tried to use a race car track to hold up the fort and it clearly didn't work.


What I'm Dreading:
I'm not dreading this anymore but it was number one on my list.  While Tab was out of town, I was on water duty.  The roofers who were here at the beginning of last week, they unscrewed the water hose completely and moved it.  So I drug the big pile of tangled water hose over, screwed it in, and this tiny bit of spray is all that would come out.  It barely sprayed half a foot from where I was standing.  It turned into me having to untangle the mile long water hose {at least it felt that long in the moment}.  The only reason I have this picture is because I sent it to Tab.  :)



What I'm Working On:
It's been a LONG time coming.  I'm pretty sure we began the girl room renovations back in the fall.  We finally purchased some fun things for the walls, are doing a few little room change ups, and bought a dresser {which doesn't arrive until September...boo!}.  I'm hoping to check this room off the list soon!

And I've been working on sending cute families like the one above to Disney World, a cruise, or a Mexico all-inclusive resort.  If you'd like help planning an upcoming vacation please e-mail us at mixandmatchtravelagency@yahoo.com.  We love working with families and would love to help you!  {We've recently begun planning 2018 Disney trips, so please reach out if you'd like to go in 2018!}


What I'm Excited About:
August!  August is usually SO HOT that I dread it a bit.  But...this year we have lots of fun things planned in August {quick trips, camps, and such} that I think it will be a GREAT month!



What I'm watching/reading:

WAHOO!!!  ALL THE BIG BROTHER!

I do not understand why Josh was calling Cody a meatball, but I could not stop laughing about it.  I'm actually so glad Cody got back in the house.  The drama is going up and I can't wait to watch tonight!


I just finished Hungry Heart by Jennifer Weiner.  Read the second paragraph, Smith got some print time in this book!

I'm currently reading...
I'm only about a quarter of the way through this one and it's SO good.  The Identicals has been popping up on blogs all over and I understand the hype now.  Great girly summer read!  Last night, when I finally put it down to go to sleep I noticed it was 11:00 p.m.!  That is LATE for me!  But this book was totally worth it!



What I'm Listening To:
"Mom", "Mama", "Mommy"....hahaha!  



What I'm Wearing:

I've been wearing a lot of swimsuits, cover-ups, and work out clothes.  {Ask me how often I've been to the gym...the answer is embarrassing!}

But I know when school starts in August and our lazy days are over I'll be getting dressed in real clothes much much more.  I shared my favorite NSale picks last week.  You can see them all here.  You'll be seeing these items over and over again.


And on Monday this week, I shared about my love of the Spanx leggings and showed how I style mine throughout the fall and winter.


What I'm Doing This Weekend:

I'm celebrating 12 years of marriage with this hunk and then heading out on a little work trip.



What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
We have a couple last minute trips scheduled before school starts and we'll be soaking up every last minute of summer!

See you on Friday for more Friday Favorites!

18 comments:

Stephanie Spring said...

Happy Anniversary beautiful!

Regine Karpel said...

Happy Anniversary.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Where are the cute colorful sheets /bedding from in the girls room? Love it!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Bahahahahaha! I remember where I was when I read that line about Smith in her book! I sat up in bed and was laughing so hard. That kid has always been a straight shooter. Ha! Okay, I hope your family loves the Cajun Shrimp Pasta as much as mine does. It's one of our FAVORITES!! And Miss Britt smiling? Sweetest pictures on your post!

Narci Dreffs said...

Aw, what a fun month you have coming up!! And, how precious is that picture of Britt playing!! What a cutie!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Can't wait to see the family pics! And I love that pic of you, Tab, and Britt!

Laura said...

I LOVE that outfit with the leggings, striped shirt, and vest! Totally going to recreate that this fall!!

Mauraloon said...

Britt OMG she is the sweetest! Sad you're only blogging 3 days a week :(

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

Can't wait to see how your family pics turn out!
http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com/

MissKimmie said...

Love your Nordstrom picks and can not wait for the family pictures.

Perfectly Port said...

Love this linkup and peaking into everyone's lives. I can't wait to see your family photos. Britt is just blossoming. Your family is so precious! Happy Anniversary! xoxo ERIN

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

I love the pics of Britt with her little grin!! And seriously...Josh and the meatball nonsense is half the reason I need him get to the boot!!

That Inspired Chick

C&CMomma said...

Hi! First time commenter here and I am actually a little nervous. Ha! I really enjoy your blog and your beautiful growing family. You mentioned you have a work trip coming up. I have followed you for a bit but didn't realize you worked outside of the home. I am a full time working momma and always love to find others who are juggling the life balance as well! Just wondering what your occupation/job is? Or maybe you don't like to share? Which I totally understand. Either way hope you have a great day!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hey!! Thanks so much for commenting and reading. :). I work from home as a blogger/travel agent. I'm headed out on a trip to check out some resorts where we'll hopefully be sending families soon. I'm calling it work but there will be some fun as well. ;)

Donna Mason said...

You and Shay are the BEST BLOGGERS out there. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family and adventures with all of your readers. Happy Anniversary. Every time I see Britt's smile my heart burst with happiness for all of you.

betterwithbeale.com said...

Fort building is exhausting! Love seeing your little girl getting all settled in. And booo for Yard duty! Happy Wednesday!

Tish said...

LOVE reading your blog and following your sweet family! As a fellow mother of 4, what does your schedule look like now with 4 kiddos? I have trouble finding time to read a little each day and you find time to blog AND read! When do you write your blogs? Any suggestions on scheduling and what works for you is much appreciated! :)

Joe and Casey Burns said...

On the pics of the girls bedroom things, are those sheets on the far left? And that comforter from pottery barn...I couldn't find it on the website and had to order one from eBay! So cute!